Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post-Exercise Nutrition
Quote | Reply
After I train for 60minutes or more I always have a snack of Carbohydrates and Protein to help recovery and get me ready for the next session. However I can never eat as much as I have burned, is this normal and okay as long as you meet your nutritional requirement needs throughout the rest of the day? I seem to be recovering well each day and feeling energetic
Quote Reply
Re: Post-Exercise Nutrition [Oggi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Huge mistake. You want to eat at least 2x the amount of calories that you burned to give your muscles plenty of carbohydrates to use in rebuilding the muscle from all the aerobic exertion. your body is very good at getting rid of excess calories it doesn't need.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: Post-Exercise Nutrition [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That can’t be right no where where I have read that you must eat twice the amount of what you burn directly after exercise, maybe throughout the next 4-6hours.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There’s a reason he typed it in pink. 😜

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: Post-Exercise Nutrition [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oggi (who is new): pink means sarcasm.

As I said to you in that other forum: if you are recovering well and ready for your next workout and not having any nutrition issues (gaining/losing too much weight, etc.), then what you are doing is fine. Replenishing all calories burnt in a workout is not the goal.

----
Michael
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I could eat a horse after my workouts. I have the opposite problem. I have to stop myself from eating too much. In fact, as my workout is winding down I am already planning what I'm gonna eat for snack and meals the rest of the day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Cloy

So Sorry for the misunderstanding, I didn't know Pink meaning you were joking around
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're recovering well, feeling energetic, and are at the weight you want to be then sounds like you've got it nailed and I wouldn't change a thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Post-Exercise Nutrition [Spartan420] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have to agree with the Spartan on this one

Quote Reply
Re: Post-Exercise Nutrition [Spartan420] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 In fact, as my workout is winding down I am already planning what I'm gonna eat for snack and meals the rest of the day.[/quote]===========================================
amen, brother.
peggy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also take into consideration your regular food intake aside from training. Typically I advise athletes to adjust pre, during and post training nutrition and leave most of the rest of the diet for the day alone.

That means your post workouts snack shouldn't be huge, maybe 200 to 300 calories with the right macros. For particularly intense workouts, that's the time for a nice starchy pizza slice or pasta dish.

Personally I always time my post workout fueling with regular meals. Breakfast after the morning workout and lunch after my lunch break workout. I add snacks at 9am and 3pm to keep me ready for the next workout and not go on a completely empty stomach.

Ryan
http://www.SetThePaceTriathlon.com
http://www.TriathlonTrainingDaddy.com
I got plans - https://www.trainingpeaks.com/...dotcom#trainingplans
Quote Reply