Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Possibly the best goodie bag item at a triathlon, especially IM, ever?!?!
Quote | Reply
From IMFL today.

Thoughts?

Last edited by: irontri: Oct 30, 14 10:57
Quote Reply
Re: Possilby the best goodie bag item at a triathlon, especially IM, ever?!?! [irontri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
irontri wrote:
From IMFL today.

Thoughts?
----------------------------------
i would LOVE to get this, assuming it's high quality.
peggy
Quote Reply
Re: Possilby the best goodie bag item at a triathlon, especially IM, ever?!?! [irontri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Meh. Did you get a Little Debbie carrying case with yours?

Like we did in Chattanooga?

Proud Member of Chris McDonald's 2018 Big Sexy Race Team "That which doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger"
Blog-Twitter-Instagram-Race Reports - 2018 Races: IM Florida 70.3, IM Raleigh 70.3, IM 70.3 World Championships - South Africa, IM North Carolina 70.3
Quote Reply
Re: Possilby the best goodie bag item at a triathlon, especially IM, ever?!?! [pmcdc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice....they handed them out at Coeur d'Alene also.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very cool and definitely useful.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nah....the best goodie bag item was the actual bag (backpack) at most (all?) 2012 North American IM events.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IMNZ? haven't done one recently, but a green banana from the sponsor (Bonita Bananas) was all you could hope for back in the day.

Even the give aways at the finish line party have devolved from backpacks, sunnies, watches, hats and shirts, back in the day, to really lame crap that is an embarrassment to catch.

I used to get given all sorts of cool stuff at the finish line, for dancing like an epileptic having a seizure. (years that I didn't race) but now I (or anyone else) get nothing. The music is too quiet now and not nearly so many people dance and cavort till midnight, compared to the good old days.

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Re: Possilby the best goodie bag item at a triathlon, especially IM, ever?!?! [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Naw the bag at Kona this year was way better than the 2012 bags.
Quote Reply
Re: Possilby the best goodie bag item at a triathlon, especially IM, ever?!?! [sentania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sentania wrote:

I see what you did there..........

Quote Reply
Re: Possilby the best goodie bag item at a triathlon, especially IM, ever?!?! [sentania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sentania wrote:

2012 IM bags were really nice, but agree...this year's Kona bag was the best backpack yet.

Quote | Reply
Runner Rick wrote:
Meh. Did you get a Little Debbie carrying case with yours?

Like we did in Chattanooga?

We did not. That's complete BS. How can I carry a Little Debbie snack if not holstered to my belt?!?!

Quote | Reply
10/10?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got one at IMlou this year as well. Forgot mine in the hotel room..

Somewhere in Louisville there's an ironmaid tightening her headset with this right now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got one at IMC this year. It's actually complete shit. I used it once and the screw stripped the tool if that makes sense.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I understand your dilemma. The Little Debbie snack with the can of Red Bull that they also put in our goodie bag took care of the "holster" quagmire that you're faced with ;) Little Debbie made it up to us by having another tent outside of packet pickup to hand out more free Little Debbies.

My tool is better than your tool :)

irontri wrote:
We did not. That's complete BS. How can I carry a Little Debbie snack if not holstered to my belt?!?!

Quote | Reply
what exactly is that Little Debbie thing? I played with it for awhile trying to figure it out - backpack accessory?
Quote Reply
Re: Possilby the best goodie bag item at a triathlon, especially IM, ever?!?! [SusanH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a carrying case for the "tool". I should have shown it better in the picture.

Proud Member of Chris McDonald's 2018 Big Sexy Race Team "That which doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger"
Blog-Twitter-Instagram-Race Reports - 2018 Races: IM Florida 70.3, IM Raleigh 70.3, IM 70.3 World Championships - South Africa, IM North Carolina 70.3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got one from IMLT this year. It was one of the most thought out gifts imo compared to previous years, but I still really like the backpacks.
Quote Reply
Re: Possilby the best goodie bag item at a triathlon, especially IM, ever?!?! [Runner Rick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Runner Rick wrote:
It's a carrying case for the "tool". I should have shown it better in the picture.

How about step by step instructions, too!!! :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While nice to get something different, fact is, its a POS.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
irontri wrote:
sentania wrote:

2012 IM bags were really nice, but agree...this year's Kona bag was the best backpack yet.

I have a hard time calling the Kona bags this year a backpack. The things are huge! I think they are nice, but man, a bit too big to be calling it a backpack. I saw a guy at the airport leaving with it completely full. I have no idea how they let him on plane with it as a carry on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
irontri wrote:
sentania wrote:

Share a photo of it with us mere mortals unable to make the Kona cut?

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doesn't everyone have one of these tools? They should give out a basic bike maintenance book, 90% of triathletes could use one.
Quote Reply
Re: Possilby the best goodie bag item at a triathlon, especially IM, ever?!?! [cshowe80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cshowe80 wrote:
irontri wrote:
sentania wrote:

I'll try to get a pic out tonight when I get home from work or the IMFL carb dinner. Possibly stuffing my husky 2 year old in it to show you its capacity:)

Quote | Reply
cshowe80 wrote:
irontri wrote:
sentania wrote:

here ya go. Big enough to hold a 43 lb 6 year old.

Prev Next