Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Possible new Shiv - photo from Specialized Instagram
Quote | Reply
https://instagram.com/p/BeRVnkhg_Kg/

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Possible new Shiv - photo from Specialized Instagram [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like the existing Shiv TT.
Quote Reply
Re: Possible new Shiv - photo from Specialized Instagram [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

How can you see anything in that picture?

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Re: Possible new Shiv - photo from Specialized Instagram [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
could be....or could be just a Bora promo/advert type of thing, who knows. Well overdue though obviously
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes. Looks like TT bike. Let me know if you get an image of the new S-Works Evade though!
Quote Reply
Re: Possible new Shiv - photo from Specialized Instagram [toastygloveman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go here http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...rks%20evade#p6532041

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Possible new Shiv - photo from Specialized Instagram [hblake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gotta learn how to stalk. Go check photog's other pics. Plus, headttube seen in original pic looks like Shiv TT.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the link Bryan!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I certainly hope they would do better than that standard, exposed center mount front brake
Quote Reply
Re: Possible new Shiv - photo from Specialized Instagram [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
Looks like the existing Shiv TT.
g

I agree. Looks like the crappy TRP front brake that dates back to the Tansition. I can't imagine any bike company wouldn't add a better brake for their newest bike.

I kinda expect the new Specialized TT/Tri bike to be disc brake. They haven't advertised a rim brake Vias for probably close to 2 years. You could still get one but you had to ask and I know they had lots in inventory.
Quote Reply
Re: Possible new Shiv - photo from Specialized Instagram [iamuwere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iamuwere wrote:
I certainly hope they would do better than that standard, exposed center mount front brake

I don't know. I used to get misty-eyed over every new shrouded brake contraption. Now I'm kind of over it. And, to my knowledge, nothing much beats the below at zero yaw. There's something to be said for brakes that are easily installed, maintained, adjusted, and "just work." And are also fast.

Quote Reply
Re: Possible new Shiv - photo from Specialized Instagram [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grumpier.mike wrote:
I kinda expect the new Specialized TT/Tri bike to be disc brake.

Yeah, I'll be shocked if the next triathlon bike isn't exclusively disc brake.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Quote Reply
Re: Possible new Shiv - photo from Specialized Instagram [hblake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hblake wrote:
How can you see anything in that picture?

I’m on my phone and just inverted colors and it’s quite apparent it’s the same bars, headtube, brake, fork, giant cable housing out in the wind...

Stem doesn’t look like the aerostem, though
Last edited by: JASpencer: Jan 22, 18 22:41
Quote Reply
Re: Possible new Shiv - photo from Specialized Instagram [JASpencer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It definitely looks very similar.

This doesn't mean that they don't have something else that they put their sponsored riders on during the same photoshoot (which they then unveil at the TDF or whatever), but this certainly isn't it.

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Quote Reply
Re: Possible new Shiv - photo from Specialized Instagram [JASpencer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Promoting shiv and Boras new team kit
Quote Reply
Re: Possible new Shiv - photo from Specialized Instagram [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with this except that the TRP brakes Specialized uses (especially the monstrosity which parades as the rear brake) have none of the mechanical advantage you listed. A well designed direct mount brake is great. The TRP designed isn't well designed.
Quote Reply
Re: Possible new Shiv - photo from Specialized Instagram [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
good god add top tube bosses to that beauty!

trail wrote:
iamuwere wrote:

I don't know. I used to get misty-eyed over every new shrouded brake contraption. Now I'm kind of over it. And, to my knowledge, nothing much beats the below at zero yaw. There's something to be said for brakes that are easily installed, maintained, adjusted, and "just work." And are also fast.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What bento box is on your bike?
Quote Reply
Re: Possible new Shiv - photo from Specialized Instagram [toastygloveman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
toastygloveman wrote:
What bento box is on your bike?

I should have added that it's not my bike, just my example of how a fast bike doesn't need to have a complex proprietary front end.

It's from a prior Slowtwitch gallery.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dark Speed Works http://darkspeedworks.com/products.htm

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks again Bryan D. You are a treasure trove of useful information ^^
Quote Reply
Re: Possible new Shiv - photo from Specialized Instagram [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't worry, ...I did add TT bosses:)

I ended up selling the bike a few months ago only because I'm racing in a few UCI events, and for the life of me I just couldn't get the ends of the shifters inside the stupid UCI limit (let alone the legality of the tririg bars). ...I loved the bike, even with it's quirks.
I've now gone from a 56cm P4 with 'adequate' brakes, to a 51cm NP2 with Magura Hydraulics. I don't think the new bike will be technically as aerodynamic, but I hope it's close enough:).

Last edited by: beston: Jan 23, 18 7:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here’s the enhanced pic
Last edited by: sithlord31: Feb 9, 18 21:01
Quote Reply
Re: Possible new Shiv - photo from Specialized Instagram [sithlord31] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last edited by: sithlord31: Feb 10, 18 9:30
Quote Reply

Prev Next