Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Possible move to UT. Little help
Quote | Reply
G'day, did a pre-search put didn't find everything I needed.

It's looking like I will be moving up to Utah with a parent company of ours. It will be a change but I'm excited as I love the mountains. The HQ is based in Draper and just wanted to see if any folks are around this area?

I'm looking to find a good master swim squad, and just to find out what winter activities I need to start preparing for? Are there good rides and tri clubs in Draper for the summer?

Cheers,
Last edited by: Fendalton: Dec 26, 16 11:25
Quote Reply
Re: Possible move to Draper, UT. Little help [Fendalton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure about Masters swimming down there, but there's plenty of pools around the valley so I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding a good group. Salt Lake City Tri Club and Balanced Art Multisport both have very big presence in the greater Salt Lake City area so you should be able to hook up with them. Lots of great biking and riding in the area.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello,

I live in SLC which is just like 20 minutes north of Draper. Where are you planning on moving to? Have a family? How old are you?

I train with BAM which is one of the tri clubs. The other tri club is SLTC. I can show you some rides come spring time. I am putting my bike up from riding outside for the year after this weekend. You should be able to get some rides in outside still, but I am going on various trips the next few weeks then there will be snow. Skiing is your best bet for winter sports. Downhill or Nordic skiing. My true passion is ski touring which is just a load of fun. If you have any specific questions or anything about the area PM me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you drink?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I work in Draper and live on the Draper, Sandy Border.

As far as masters swim classes I know Dimple Dell rec center (Sandy, city) had one not sure if they still do. Lifetime Fitness center ( in South Jordan) has one. A lot of that is going to depend on where you decide to live. If you are planning to live in Draper get ready for a little residential sticker shock depending on which part of the city you look in.

For the summer if you do live in Draper buy a mountain bike. The corner canyon trail system is great for quick early morning rides and with the number of trails they have you can link together a pretty good ride. It can get crowded but worth if if you know which trails to ride to avoid the masses.

There are plenty of good roads to ride as well as canyons to climb like big and little cottonwood, millcreek and emigration. A quick climb up and over suncrest in Draper is a great training ride as well.

Best of luck with your move.
Quote Reply
Re: Possible move to Draper, UT. Little help [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The tri community here is awesome, contrary to what you may think. Lots of very well done local races, check out the Racetri and TriUtah websites. We also have tons of great biking and running. I am about an hour from Draper, though it doesn't differ much down there. Check out the Salt Lake Tri Club if you can, they are a very active and welcoming club with many of their activities based in the Draper/South Valley area. Welcome!
Quote Reply
Re: Possible move to Draper, UT. Little help [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I'm not mormon, but I rarely drink anyways. I will have a glass of wine with the Mrs' every now and then.

From what I hear getting a bottle of wine isn't a difficult task though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's just expensive.
Quote Reply