Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Possible Move to San Antonio
Quote | Reply
I may be transferred to San Antonio in the next 6-9 months. I'm looking for some intel on nice areas to land in San Antonio. The office is on Ridgewood Parkway. I swim more than bike or run. Being near a pool is a big driver for me. My wife wants to get back into golf. A nearby golf course would be nice. I have about $750M to spend on a home. We are empty-nesters but still want a big home as we have five grown kids and 10 grandkids. Are there neighborhoods that any of you SA peeps would recommend we look at? Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Possible Move to San Antonio [scooter58] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$750 million should get you a pretty nice house.
Quote Reply
Re: Possible Move to San Antonio [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL...being an engineer, we designate M for 1000's and MM as millions. So let's say $750k. Thanks for catching that!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Dominion is a nice neighborhood, great golf course.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would look up towards the NW part of SA. The closer you are to Fredricksburg the better the cycling... :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Possible Move to San Antonio [B3CK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for this recommendation. It looks promising. Do you have a bead on what the major traffic corridors are? I assume that I would be hitting some pretty heavy traffic coming west on the loop. Is that correct? Or would most of the traffic be on I-10?
Quote Reply
Re: Possible Move to San Antonio [timmyflash] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the recommendation. Are there dedicated bike lanes on some or many of the roads? I would like to keep my commute to a manageable 30 minutes or less. Good thing the office is already north of downtown :-).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If its the Ridgewood Pkwy off Redland Rd, you will want to drop a pin and look within @ 15 miles of the area( think Timberwood Park). Traffic is very heavy during rush hour and driving from the Dominion is well over 30 min. I live about 6 miles north of that location. I am able to ride 5 miles north and have access to low traffic rural roads. The pool options close to Ridgewood Pkwy are Lifetime Fitness and Golds Gym. Your golf options are Canyon Springs Golf Club and the JW Marriott SA Hill Country Resort. I would also recommend Brittons Bicycle shop. Good luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tesoro?
Quote Reply
Re: Possible Move to San Antonio [801pe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the traffic and other tips on swimming and golf courses. It would be nice to bike to work again!
Quote Reply
Re: Possible Move to San Antonio [Chan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, soon to be Andeavor.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let's talk offline.
Building has a small gym and some people work out in their lunch hour. Some run outside. It would be a 5 minute drive once you leave the parking lot to get to lifetime fitness for a pool.

Might consider stone oak area for a place that's closer to work and has nice housing around your budget.

Feel free to PM me with questions.
Quote Reply