Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pools or OWS in Naples, FL
Quote | Reply
I'll be heading down to Naples for a few days this week and am hoping to get in some swimming. Can anyone suggest maybe a few pools (hopefully outdoors) or what beaches are best for doing some OWS.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Pools or OWS in Naples, FL [gerardm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was there two winters ago, don't remember where we stayed but it was on the shoreline. It was actually January and I just walked out to the beach and swam. Miles of water to swim in. I just headed in one direction, swam about 25-30 minutes then turned around. I actually caught a little shade for a while due to a flock of seagulls. My biggest fear during that was getting dumped on. Luckily their targeting systems were out of calibration :) I would imagine the ocean water temperature will be cooler than pool temperatures.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We stayed on the beach a few years ago when my wife was there for a conference, water is usually dead calm first thing in the morning and great for swimming parallel to the shore, plus you don't have to worry about paddleboarders and jet ski's so much if you go early. Saw a few dolphins while I was there, great spot!

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're by Vanderbilt Beach the water gets deep pretty quickly. So, if it's calm, you could realistically swim maybe 30-40' from shore.
Quote Reply
Re: Pools or OWS in Naples, FL [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome it sounds like open water will work out. Is the water clear down there? Any spooky animals to worry about like jellyfish or crabs lol?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some good resources here:
http://swimmersguide.com/...cility.aspx?cid=8521
The masters coach at the Norris facility is a triathlete,
Mike James Egan
mike@t2aquatics.com

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gerardm wrote:
I'll be heading down to Naples for a few days this week and am hoping to get in some swimming. Can anyone suggest maybe a few pools (hopefully outdoors) or what beaches are best for doing some OWS.

Thanks!

The beaches from Bonita Springs to Naples are usually fine/calm for ows. If you are in downtown Naples, the public beach at 12th Street (pier) has plenty of available parking. There are other meter street parking spots between around 6th and 12th as well. If you are north of Naples, Vanderbuilt Beach and Bonita Beach are two good public beaches with parking. Other options are Barefoot Beach Park (off Bonita Beach Blvd).....more quiet but with a $10 daily fee. Or if you drive North on Hickory (from Bonita Beach Blvd) there are numerous small public entries (only room for 6-8 cars) to the beach which are not crowded.
Quote Reply
Re: Pools or OWS in Naples, FL [gphin305] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
app swim radar
Quote Reply