Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pool in Chicago
Quote | Reply
Going to be in Chicago this weekend for a friends wedding. I'm staying downtown at the Hyatt Magnificent Mile. Are their any decent pools around downtown that I could get in a 4500 yd workout? I won't have a rental car but I'm willing to take a train or taxi to get to a pool as long as it's going to be worth my time and doesn't take forever. If it matters, I'm former college swimmer and I can just about swim in any pool environment.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Pool in Chicago [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I live about 6 miles away if you get desperate. Should be one closer though let me think...

UIC is a good idea

http://recreation.uic.edu/aquatics/

Here are park district pools.. they suck generally but could work in a pinch

http://www.chicagoparkdistrict.com/facilities/swimming-pools-indoor/

Last edited by: TunaBoo: Apr 21, 14 6:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've heard good things about the UIC pool.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Pool in Chicago [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
I've heard good things about the UIC pool.

^ this is your best option.

Also, if you can get a day pass to the Eastbank Athletic Club they have a bunch of nice pools (all 25m iirc). There's a LA Fitness with a 25m pool in streeterville (very close to you) and your hotel might be able to give you a day pass to Equinox (also a 25m pool).
Quote Reply
Re: Pool in Chicago [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do I need to be a student, faculty, or alumni to get into UIC? That's what it looks like on their website but it isn't 100% clear.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There aren't a lot of easy to drop in pools in Chicago.

On mag mile I think the Intercontinental has the nicest hotel pool (anyone in the wedding staying there you can get access from?). UIC is a very nice pool and the Chicago Blue Dolphins masters group swims there, look them up to see if you can drop in, otherwise I'm not sure what the drop in fee is at UIC. The Equinox on Michigan also has a pool. The FFC gyms have decent pools as well if you can get a guest pass etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've always gone with an alum so, to be honest, I don't know. I'd call them up.

Just noticed Tri Bike Run in your sig. I love that place! Really nice and knowledgeable people.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I swam with Chicago Masters at UIC. We normally have a Saturday workout at 8 am. Sometimes it's 6:30 am. Usually it's lcm but they're renovating this week--there is a smaller pool we use (scy) at this point not sure if the main pool will be done. No one really pays attention to the door so you could pretty much walk in. I can PM you more info.

Oh yeah!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
UIC's big pool is being work on right now.

Chicago Masters has a drop in rate
Quote Reply
Re: Pool in Chicago [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah they are awesome there. Moved here about 2.5 years ago and they were a huge help in meeting other triathletes and getting to know the various bike routes, where to run/swim/etc.

blog
Quote Reply