Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Poll: Weakest leg?
Quote | Reply
It seems to me that I seem to be in the minority in that biking is my weakest leg. I would hazard a guess that the swim is most people's Achilles' heel, followed by the run, but who knows?
Answer below with the leg you're the weakest in.

ME: the bike!

---------------------------------------------------------
Quote | Reply
weakest....bike
strongest swim..................when starting tri's i would of said strongest was the run.
Quote Reply
Re: Poll: Weakest leg? [Beanster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Run.

Used to be transition though...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It has changed significantly over the years, depending on how much time and effort I have put into each. I used to ride almost everyday with a very structured training plan for cycling. Running was secondary, and swimming last. I used to suck at swimming, actually. I have spent many years developing my swim with hired coaches, and is now my strongest sport, Then running. Cycling, is last....and it is what I do the least these days. So there you go. Now, if/when I get back to consistently racing, I need to sort out my training time based on my return of investment. Bike/Run pays bigger dividends than swimming.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SWIM

My strength goes run > bike >> swim
Quote Reply
Re: Poll: Weakest leg? [TunaBoo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Based on my last two 70.3 races.... T1>bike>run>swim>t2. From best to worst in percetage of time gained or lost.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Swim here didn't grow up a swimmer. Pretty low hanging fruit I think though as I usually have a relatively good swim somewhere around the top half of MOP without really training the swim much. Hoping to stay consistent over the winter this year and improve going into next season. Running and biking are both on about the same level based on the split rankings from my races this season.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For me from strongest to weakest:

Run
Running in T1
Running in T2
Bike
T2
T1
Packing my gear bag
Thanking volunteers
Observing wildlife while on the bike
Performing calculus during the run
Changing flats
Swim
Quote Reply
Re: Poll: Weakest leg? [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Already posted but exact same here. Came into T1 in 60th place (out of 500) at my last race and came out in 25th place with I believe the 15th ranked T1. In T2 on the other hand I was around 200th place and lost 5 places. For the record the gaps were relatively small in T2 times though and a just few seconds faster would probably mean 100 places better.

Edit: 200th placed T2 time.
Last edited by: Staz: Aug 25, 14 20:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Weakest: Run
For me: Bike > Swim > Transition > Run
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bike

—Mr. Hand
Quote Reply
Re: Poll: Weakest leg? [scofflaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My left leg.
Quote Reply
Re: Poll: Weakest leg? [Macaroni Kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bike for me as well...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bike weakest
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Swim. I'm pretty even on the bike and the run. I'm at least not getting slower in the swim. Usually middle of the pack swim, front of the pack bike and run. Unless I do something stupid.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
depends on the course. I have real problems with water temp below 70F. my run gets slower with increases in humidity. because I am only 125-130 lbs I really get blown around when the wind picks up.
Quote Reply
Re: Poll: Weakest leg? [bcendrars456] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
T1
bike
Quote Reply
Re: Poll: Weakest leg? [ptakeda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Swim is weakest, bike is strongest.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bike weakest for me, at least I think so.

Run is my strongest

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Finish percentage-wise my swim and run are about equal and my bike is the strongest.

I have the most to gain from the run though.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Weakest to strongest:

swim
T1
run
bike
T2
post-race beers

T1 and run are likely reversed at the moment, since I'm not running my best of late. I'm decent at both, in general (hence the big gap after swimming).
I am a T2 wizard.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Weakest if BY FAR the run

I'm typically near the front of AG in the swim, front of AG on the bike and go backwards QUICKLY on the run. And it's not from overbiking. I can't run fast open either
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My race gets slower, compared to the field, as the day progresses. With the notable exception of whatever run from the edge of the water to transition. I'm horribly slow at that. But, since I suck at running, it kinda makes sense.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those that know me would suspect I would say the swim. I'm not a torpedo in the water but when my head gets out of the way I actually swim fairly well. No I won't be the first guy out of the water but my swim won't kill my day either. I would actually say my weakest leg is probably the bike. I think it takes the longest time (as in years) to build up to being a strong biker. I only started riding about 3 or 4 years ago and consider myself still to be learning. I'm definitely getting faster but when I have a decent swim usually my bike is the worst ranking of the day in my AG.

Pete Githens
Reading, PA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My swim is lower ranked overall but I would say my RUN in that it is longer and I lose more time:(

I started out running XC in HS and achieved modest results by the end.
Quote Reply

Prev Next