Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Polar M400 Fitness test
Quote | Reply
Hi try to use the fitness test on my polar once every week or so ....to see progress....results vary a little depending on how relaxed I am, but lately seem to have gone wrong ...

Anyone know what 59 corresponds to - VO2 max of 59 seems awful high ...and no way could I do that level of improvement (49 to 59) in two weeks

BTW am mid 40's and run (just) a 20min 5K

[URL=http://s1008.photobucket.com/...zpsysykmy7k.jpg.html][/url]

Quote Reply
Re: Polar M400 Fitness test [test4500] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for training with Polar ! I would have to question your initial test scenario. Was it perform at an elevated hr state. Our fit test scores is a vo2max prediction. I would highly recommend following your running index score to watch right running economy and improvement
Quote Reply
Re: Polar M400 Fitness test [Wayne@PolarUSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Wayne .....yes that was my thinking too ....but I have quite a few readings ....I take them (95%) within 10 mins of waking up and tend to be in a relaxed state - I also have a control.

I use a app called HRV elite - which measures heart rate variability - and take a reading straight after or before doing the polar fitness test:

- it gives an overall number that is relative to other readings but also
- gives the min and max heart rates for the reading (the high reading is usually out as it is me setting up the app or checking its finished so a bit elevated)

So I can see if the reading is unusual (lack of sleep ...under over exercise) see my min heart rate (usually @45 bpm) and the average (usually @50 bpm)

I have put in the table below a couple of readings .....along with the Polar Fitness test and my running index (which varies a little depending on the session and speed ....but generally sits in high 50's)

My thinking is someone is messing with the back-end at Polar and this has changed how the numbers are calculated? would be interested in a polar comment on this!

btw ...not knocking polar (love my M400 and H7) and accept that the whole HRV and fitness index is in it infancy.

[URL=http://s1008.photobucket.com/...zpsvdeljxl8.jpg.html][/url]
Quote Reply