Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Poc Cerebel vs Selector...
Quote | Reply
Assuming I dont have access to testing...would one of these be a safer bet over the other??
Or, catlike Rapid Tri??
Last edited by: SBRcoffee: Jun 11, 16 13:28
Quote Reply
Re: Poc Cerebel vs Selector... [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Helmet testing is very individual. If you can wait until August the Giro Aerohead will be released. I've heard it is testing really fast on most riders. Thats what I am waiting for.

I havent seen much data on the POC or the Catlike. The Selector is pretty popular.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you spend a lot of time looking down, the POC may be a better choice. If you are generally looking forward, go with the selector. Also, if the Selector meshes well with your back, choose it.

Go Selector

Go Selector

Go Selector

Go Cerebel

Go Cerebel

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have never tried the Selector but love my Cerebel, raced in it last month- 84 miles with about 9k climbing, so descents and flats on the bars, climbs on the base bar, it really does accommodate different positions well.
Quote Reply
Re: Poc Cerebel vs Selector... [SlowAmericano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Been using the Cerebel for a few rides now.
One thing I noticed, if I put my head down, I get a screeching noise from the wind!!! Scared the crap out of me the first time it happened, like a child yelling in my ear....lol. I'm trying to think of it as a feature, a warning to keep my head up properly... :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you have a big head the Cerebel wont fit. I am not sure if they have come out with the large size yet but I had originally bought the cerebel, but had to return it and but a Kask Bambino because it was available in a larger size.

According to the centimeter circumference of my head I was in range but in actuality I could not even get it on.

I love the Bambino, it exudes quality and so far has been very comfortable. I am doing a hotter race this weekend so this should be a new test.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know what you mean, it surprised me too, the POC is my first aero lid so the noise was unexpected, I have become used to it though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SBRcoffee wrote:
Assuming I dont have access to testing...would one of these be a safer bet over the other??
Or, catlike Rapid Tri??

Both have tested well in our AeroCamps. The selector is a very good helmet and is a safe bet if you tend to look forward most of the time. We tested the POC quite a bit at our last big camp and it did well for a variety of athletes. I'd say either one would be a decently safe bet. The Selector is WAY WAY cheaper though.

Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
Quote Reply