Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Please tell me there is a way to fit my new disc on my bike!
Quote | Reply
So I just got a new to me zip sub9 disc to go on my trek speed concept 7.5. My problem is I can't figure out how to make the space between the brake pads any wider. Right now the pads are rubbing. Can anyone help?
Quote Reply
Re: Please tell me there is a way to fit my new disc on my bike! [bcoker6885] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Loosen the brake cable if possible. Otherwise shave the brake pads down.

Quote Reply
Re: Please tell me there is a way to fit my new disc on my bike! [boostedcvc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought about shaving the pads. I assume I shave them down from the back?
Quote Reply
Re: Please tell me there is a way to fit my new disc on my bike! [bcoker6885] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Flo disc that fits fine on my 7.5 but when I had the bike set-up by my LBS they set my brakes to work with both the stock wheels and Flo wheels. They did show me how to adjust the brakes with a small Allen screw but I've never done it myself so if you haven't tired that yet...it may be your answer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bcoker6885 wrote:
I thought about shaving the pads. I assume I shave them down from the back?

You need to shave the side that touches the rim (front?). You can't shave the back as the pads will no longer sit in the brake pad holder properly, that can lead to a major braking failure if the pads fall out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bcoker6885 wrote:
So I just got a new to me zip sub9 disc to go on my trek speed concept 7.5. My problem is I can't figure out how to make the space between the brake pads any wider. Right now the pads are rubbing. Can anyone help?

Is the "wedge" as far toward the "back" of the bike as it will go? If not, you need some slack in the brake cable some how. I also had to run thinner pads on mine (SwissStop Evo) but if I got a Jet+ disc to work you should be able to make you sub9 work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe now that you have a proper wheel, it's time to upgrade to a proper bike.......
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is your sc 2014+ or 2011ish?

there is an easy youtube video online. Google it.
Quote Reply
Re: Please tell me there is a way to fit my new disc on my bike! [TheRealSpanky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha oh yea? And what bike is that?
Quote Reply
Re: Please tell me there is a way to fit my new disc on my bike! [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a 2011
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are the washers out? I'm sure this has been covered dozens of times in the speed concept owners thread.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok sorry, they made the wheels fit easier on the new one. Get a new bike :) tax returns!
Quote Reply
Re: Please tell me there is a way to fit my new disc on my bike! [Runless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought about that too! I will look more into it. Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bcoker6885 wrote:
It's a 2011

Oh.... yeah, uh...

Thinner pads will help in any event.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty sure you can remove some washers to create additional space. I'm 702-529-4744 if you want to call. I can walk you through it. It will be easier than typing it out.

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply