Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Please help me setup my new P2 with GXP Quarq
Quote | Reply
2014 P2 Frameset.
GXP Quarq S975.

I purchased a Wheels MFG BBright-Out-9 BB for 24/22 SRAM cranksets. After reading several old posts about this, I thought this was a good option without having to purchase a new PM. My LBS is telling me the GXP spindle is 11mm to short.

Does this make sense? What am I missing?

Are there different length spindles of GXP cranksets?

If I ordered the wrong part, what do you recommend as a GXP solution?

Thanks for the help!
Quote Reply
Re: Please help me setup my new P2 with GXP Quarq [trigeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The P2 uses BB right. You need a BB30 Quarq

Call Quarq and ask them to switch your Quarq from GXP to BB30. I think it's around $400 to do this

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Aug 15, 15 13:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You likely have the wrong adapter.

You likely have this:

Notice how both cups are thick. This is a BB30 to gxp/24 adapter.

you need this:

notice how one is thinner. The thin one is the NDS. You do not need all those spacers.

BrianD is not correct. You do not need a bb30 quarq. You just need the right adapter. I have run several gxp quarqs on bbright this way.
Quote Reply
Re: Please help me setup my new P2 with GXP Quarq [zachboring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I knew you could go from BB30 to GXP but I wasn't aware you could do GXP to BB30

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zach is right on. I have a GXP Quarq on my P2 with the shown Wheels Mfg adapter.
Last edited by: Walter: Aug 15, 15 16:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't purchase an adapter... I purchased a Wheels Mfg BB for BBright to SRAM 24/22 which I assume is GXP? My question is that since I bought a new BB advertised for "SRAM
24/22" what would be the difference in buying BBright adapters from the same manufacturer advertised for SRAM 24/22??

The instructions with the new BB showed using a crapload of dust seals, spacers and a wavy washer. I didn't have all of those when using this PM with a std GXP BB on a P3SL.

Do you think the problem may be all of the extra washers and spacers??

Thanks!
Last edited by: trigeorge: Aug 16, 15 7:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Each bb will be a little different.

Looked at the installation doc and looks pretty standard to me. Have you attempted to install or are you just taking your shops word it's too short?

If there is a ton of drag, we can troubleshoot from there. The problem is not the crankset.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At this point, I've just taken the shop's word for it. I'll call Wheels Mfg tomorrow and go see the install for myself. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I wouldn't do that....

If you got their bbright to 24 bb, it will be ok.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok...after discussing this issue with Wheels Mfg, it was determined that their BBright to GXP bottom bracket does not work with older Quarqs like a S875/Cinco. It "should" work with 2015 manufactured Quarqs. I just installed the Wheels adapters using the OEM Cervelo bearings and it seems to be a good installation now. Haven't ridden it yet however.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 100% positive they are still giving you bad information. But glad you got it working
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The guy at Wheels said he set up an older Quarq with a BBright Cervelo in his shop and he "didn't like the installation"... I had to cut my losses and move on, but thanks for your input!
Quote Reply