Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Plantar Fasciitis Boot
Quote | Reply
Anybody have any preference on style or comfort in one of these?? I like the look of the ones that go on top of you foot, looks like it would be more comfortable when sleeping.
Quote Reply
Re: Plantar Fasciitis Boot [bikinmurray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bikinmurray wrote:
Anybody have any preference on style or comfort in one of these?? I like the look of the ones that go on top of you foot, looks like it would be more comfortable when sleeping.

I used the following boot for my planter. I thought it was ok, but as a stomach sleeper, I often found myself semi-unconsciously taking it off in the night. I switched the Strassburg sock, and found it to just be ok as well. Seemed to keep it on more, but still took it off numerous nights.. Seems like when you have plantar it is easy just to start trying everything in the world. Best not to get Plantar in the first place *** knock on wood ***

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Plantar Fasciitis Boot [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
I used the following boot for my planter.

I've used this as well. What I would suggest if you use it to not start off with an aggressive angle. Get use to it first, then increase as you see fit. First few nights you may not be able to make it through the night w/ it on. I also wore a sock to help w/ the pressure point that was bothering me under my big toe. There's 3 straps....over the foot, at the ankle, and at the shin. I usually had the one over my foot very loose to allow me to move my foot (less restrictive but still at the desired angle). I had PF for about 6 months, tried a lot of things (the sock, ice, golf ball, stretching, no running at all) but with about 2 weeks of the boot (and actually started back up the running), it was gone. Lent it to a friend and it cured her's as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Plantar Fasciitis Boot [daltri1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
daltri1 wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:

I've used this as well. What I would suggest if you use it to not start off with an aggressive angle. Get use to it first, then increase as you see fit. First few nights you may not be able to make it through the night w/ it on. I also wore a sock to help w/ the pressure point that was bothering me under my big toe. There's 3 straps....over the foot, at the ankle, and at the shin. I usually had the one over my foot very loose to allow me to move my foot (less restrictive but still at the desired angle). I had PF for about 6 months, tried a lot of things (the sock, ice, golf ball, stretching, no running at all) but with about 2 weeks of the boot (and actually started back up the running), it was gone. Lent it to a friend and it cured her's as well.

Somewhere I found a huge metastudy of multiple methods of treatment, including cold laser, and the boot was far and beyond the most effective, especially the worse the PF condition was. The only difficulty is getting people to wear it. Lay it on your bed or pillow every day and you have to move it to go to sleep, and moving it is just as easy as putting it on.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Plantar Fasciitis Boot [daltri1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
daltri1 wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:

I've used this as well. What I would suggest if you use it to not start off with an aggressive angle. Get use to it first, then increase as you see fit. First few nights you may not be able to make it through the night w/ it on.

^^^this.

I have slept with this boot for the past year. No need to be aggressive with the angle. For me, the boot simply helped with the first hour or two of the day but was not the solution to my PF. I tried pretty much everything, but in the end what has gotten me over the hump 1 year later (still have some days where it is "there") is to stop/severely limit golf activity, wear the boot, roll legs using an inch and a half wooden dowel between two 4x4's regularly and change my foot strike from a fore-foot one to a non-fore-foot one. no real issues for the better part of 3 months and the new foot-strike (after 14 days of severe quad ache!) has the potential to be more economical:

* I know the r-con team

best of luck to you - PF sucks!

cheers,
-k

=================
Kraig Willett
http://www.biketechreview.com - check out our reduced report pricing
=================
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the sock is great. I used it when anything from my calf to foot are sore.
Quote Reply
Re: Plantar Fasciitis Boot [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
bikinmurray wrote:

I used the following boot for my planter. I thought it was ok, but as a stomach sleeper, I often found myself semi-unconsciously taking it off in the night. I switched the Strassburg sock, and found it to just be ok as well. Seemed to keep it on more, but still took it off numerous nights.. Seems like when you have plantar it is easy just to start trying everything in the world. Best not to get Plantar in the first place *** knock on wood ***
no no no and no ..see my vid on taping it

sometimes
Quote Reply
Re: Plantar Fasciitis Boot [mustangchef] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used the Futuro Night Plantar Faciitis sleep support and it worked well, had much less pain in the morning. I bought it on Amazon for like $20. The doctor tried to sell me a similar boot for $120, which insurance wouldn't cover.
Quote Reply
Re: Plantar Fasciitis Boot [mustangchef] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mustangchef wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
bikinmurray wrote:

no no no and no ..see my vid on taping it

Where's the video ???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all the input folks.
Quote Reply
Re: Plantar Fasciitis Boot [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3Aims wrote:
I think the sock is great. I used it when anything from my calf to foot are sore.

Taping the plantar or taping the boot? Regardless The thing that helped most for me was ditching the shoes and walking around barefoot in Tucson on tons of tiny crushed stone. That and calf stretches. Could have just been timing. I talked to a voodoo guy about it and he explained why support was bad using the analogy of the Arch and keystone and made perfect sense to me.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Plantar Fasciitis Boot [BikeTechReview] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What can you tell me about golf and pf?
Quote Reply
Re: Plantar Fasciitis Boot [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
littlefoot wrote:
What can you tell me about golf and pf?

I have PF in my right foot and am right handed. There is significant torque/rotation on my right foot after transitioning at the top. This seems to aggravate my PF. I can go heel-strike run for 10 miles and not have any PF symptoms, but if I hit 25 drivers at the range, my foot is angry for a few days.

=================
Kraig Willett
http://www.biketechreview.com - check out our reduced report pricing
=================
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Was out of commission for one year with PF. Did the boot, rolled the plantar on a golf ball, stopped running nothing was working. After 8 months really started to stretch my hamstrings every day and started wearing kuru shoes to work. After a few weeks the pain slowly went away. Have been back to running since July.

Quote Reply
Re: Plantar Fasciitis Boot [MTK104] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks again folks
Quote Reply