Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Plantar F_____
Quote | Reply
I’ve been running a lot in the Altra Escalante and NB Zante, and love them but recently got Plantar Fasciitis. Can anyone suggest a neutral shoe that has maybe more drop and structure? I don’t even know if that’s what my foot needs but willing to try anything. I was thinking the Brooks Ghost? Or Bondi? I need a wide toe box and both can be bought in wide editions. Open to suggestions.
Quote Reply
Re: Plantar F_____ [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m here just to say the Plantar Fascia is a bitch.

That’s all,

Scott
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey man!

Sorry for your, i fought pf in the past and the best shoes for me are the hoka stimson 3 and 4.

The Bondi tend to be way to soft which will also require a lot from your feet structure.

One additional recomendation is to buy a pair of barefoot vibrams and use it to walks and at the gym.

Hope it helps !
Quote Reply
Re: Plantar F_____ [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep the worst! Trying the night splint, but looking for an excuse to get some new shoes.

GreatScott wrote:
I’m here just to say the Plantar Fascia is a bitch.

That’s all,

Scott
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got PF when the first Kinvara came out - ran too much in the lower drop shoe. Going back to an 8mm drop helped...but there are some TP therapy exercises for the calf that ultimately were the best thing I found. I don't have to do them anymore - and if it acts up - it's a couple days of calf rolling and I am back to normal.

Brent

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There must be 100 threads here on PF with 10 posts in each for a total of 1000 different recommendations. I actually went to my sports medicine doc - crazy, I know! - who told me to get green superfeet insoles, to not walk in squishy shoes or insoles (or barefoot) and to wait. I did. My PF resolved. Slowly at first, then faster and faster. I still have those green superfeet insoles. Sometimes in my dress shoes. Sometimes I put them in my running shoes. Cure? Preventative? Talisman? I dunno, but that's 1001.
Quote Reply
Re: Plantar F_____ [giorgitd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good advice about the superfeet. Any orthotic -custom or over the counter will help. PF is caused by your arch collapsing as you pronate. Usually occurs on the left foot if you are right handed as the left leg is typically functionally longer and tries to pronate to compensate. If you tear the PF that is a good thing, about 2 weeks off from running to let it heal and then the problem will be gone. Ask me how I know!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Look into this guy he has planter fastia treatments , you tube channel and helped my wife and I to get back running. https://www.kinetic-revolution.com/30daychallenge/

"Be your best cheerleader , not your worst critic.”
Quote Reply
Re: Plantar F_____ [Kirch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone, I've got the superfeet green and I think they are working. Just thought I'd ask about shoes and whether a higher drop more structured shoe has an affect on PF? The Zante and Altra Escalante are fairly minimal albeit cushioned.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I won't discourage you from buying new running shoes, because it's just fun to get new shoes (in my book).

That being said, I suspect it won't help, and you'll have to just run through the PF anyway.

Enjoy the new shoes!
Quote Reply
Re: Plantar F_____ [trislayer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's the consensus on "Running through PF"? I suspect there is none.

Certainly resting it does no use at all. The night braces are doing something, i think, and spending weeks whinging about not being able to run isn't helping me at all either.
Quote Reply
Re: Plantar F_____ [RCCo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m running lightly, but no hills and only after significant warmup of the fascia. Lots of stretching and calf exercises. I think for me the zero drop really puts pressure on the calf, which can strain the fascia. I think it got aggravated to some excessive hill work I was doing in Nov/Dec.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Been battling it since late August. Dropped mileage to ~40 mi/wk and cut out the tempo runs lately. Standing on it 10 hours a day at work is the biggest problem. I guess I need to try inserts.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: Plantar F_____ [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Superfeet Green have been good, but I have really high arches so not sure they are right for everyone...they have different colours. Did you change up the shoes?

JackStraw13 wrote:
Been battling it since late August. Dropped mileage to ~40 mi/wk and cut out the tempo runs lately. Standing on it 10 hours a day at work is the biggest problem. I guess I need to try inserts.
Last edited by: EnderWiggan: Jan 16, 18 19:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No still wearing my Pegasus.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out Footbeat.com there are many with the same problem seeing huge relief from using the product. You can also check out Matt Russel on Instagram. He did a post recently about his Achilles problem that he fixed using Footbeat.

Dave Jewell
Free Run Speed

Quote Reply
Re: Plantar F_____ [SDJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s $500 :( it looks pretty cool but that’s a lot. Maybe if this problem persists for another few months I’ll be ready to part with more money.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes the cost is high. The only reason I suggested it is because it looked like you were chasing shoes to fix the problem. That can be a great deal more costly. Go on to you tube and type in tapping for PF. You’ll come across a number of folks showing you how to tape. I highly suggest you try that before you chase running shoes. The taping will instantly relieve the pain. The tape will mobilize your foot. The taping will also limit your chance of doing more damage.

Dave Jewell
Free Run Speed

Quote Reply
Re: Plantar F_____ [SDJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Dave, great information. I love your running shoe reviews by the way :), wish you did more of them. I assume you’re Shoe Ranger?
Quote Reply