Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Planing 2015
Quote | Reply
I know it's early but ... I have an opportunity to go to Europe for a couple of weeks next July (partly to watch the Time Trials and Grand Depart of the TDF) but I want to register for the 2015 Penticton Challenge. I know if I go to Europe I won't be doing any serious cycling and I definitely won't be swimming. I usually do find time to run though. My question: will I be able to get back on track with my long distance training in time for Penticton? Has anyone else had a big gap in training 6 - 8 weeks out from a race? I am a BOP athlete - strong but slow.
Quote Reply
Re: Planing 2015 [ridinggiants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last year I did one 70.3 3 days before I went for 5 weeks vacation/leave during which I didn't do more than 2 or 3 5-10 K runs per week (and one crossing at Lucky's Lake Swim in Orlando!). When I got back home I had 5 weeks before my next 70.3. So I Ramped up the training and nutrition plan. I felt overall stronger and managed to finish the race 15 min. faster than the one 10 weeks earlier.
Quote Reply
Re: Planing 2015 [albafar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! That's good to know! I will be doing a 70.3 in mid-June and thought I could consider the Europe trip as a little recovery break - then back to the program when I return. The TDF should at least inspire me on the bike!!!
Quote Reply