Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Planet X cheap!!!!
Quote | Reply
Hi everybody,

My name is Jasper (The Netherlands) and i'm a beginner in the tri-sport and looking for a nice bike (race or tri). During my search around the internet, i've found a webshop that sells Planet X bike for a very nice price. Does anybody know that webshop and have some good experience with them? the website is: http://www.cyclehunting.com

otherwise i will buy the Planet X Stealth from the Planet X website for 999 GBP. What do you think about that bike?
Felt B16 is another option.
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X cheap!!!! [Jasper298] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
located in Indonesia/Asia - Check
Selling bikes that aren't for sale online - Check
Links to social media sites don't go anywhere - Check

Seems legit...

As far as the Stealth goes... I rode one for a couple of years, even wrote a review on my blog (shameless plug) and it's a serviceable bike for sure. It's not anywhere near the same level as the Felt is though.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X cheap!!!! [leegoocrap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for your reply.

That was also what i've found. i've had allready contact with the seller, and he was very helpfull. But I also send an email to Planet X and they recommended me not to buy a bike there.

I think that i am going to fit a Felt B16.

Are there some other options for a small budget?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jasper298 wrote:
Are there some other options for a small budget?

The best bike to get with a small budget is nearly always a used triathlon bike. You will nearly always get the most performance for your money if you can find the right size.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X cheap!!!! [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks DarkSpeedWorks,

I'm allready looking for a used Tri bike. It is hard to find one in the right size. some bikes you must go one size smaller and with another bike you don't.
And i think that a cheap bike with cheap parts are going to annoy me because i have a very nice Specialized Epic S-works MTB.
So it is hard to go a few steps back even for another kind of bike.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just want to be clear in case it was lost in translation... cyclehunting.com is almost certainly not a legit website. Don't send them money.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X cheap!!!! [leegoocrap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
leegoocrap wrote:
I just want to be clear in case it was lost in translation... cyclehunting.com is almost certainly not a legit website. Don't send them money.

Thanks leegoocrap, but it was clear to me... :-)
I'm not going to send them my money.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree with the above as there are great deals to be found buying a used tri bike, but there is NOTHING wrong with Planet X stuff- at least from my experience. I have had multiple sets of PX wheels with no complaints whatsoever. They use parts and frames from legitimate manufacturers- Gigantex, kinlin, etc and pass savings down to their customers.

Tri rig even used their Stealth frame to build up a 12 lb TT ride
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Planet X has a US branch. One of my first tri bikes was a Planet X and it is a very good deal. Nice bike overall and did me well for 3 years until I upgraded to a Trek SC.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't know bout the prices in Netherlands, I pulled the trigger over here (Germany) from a great shop when they offered a felt on sale.
You can check out edelrad.de, got some felt there.

-shoki
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X cheap!!!! [shoki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank for the tip.
I've take a look at edelrad and the price for a Felt B2 frameset is not bad (€999).
I'm also going to visit a LBS for na Argon 18 E112 frameset. I will build the bike by my self. The Argon cost 300 euros more.
For those 300 euro i can buy an aero steer..
Choice is difficult :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It always is but could be worse though. A better offer you find a week after purchase.

-shoki
Quote Reply