Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pikes Peak single track climb (Barr Trail)
Quote | Reply
Looking for info on this. My bike team is riding there late July (on the road). I did the road last year. It's everything I thought and more. But.....this single track climb looks more than crazy. I'm just not sure it's real reasonable on a bike. It looks like it's more of a runner's thing? I'd be tackling this on a rigid Otso Voytek fatty. I'd likely have a ride waiting at the top. Good stuff! Any info / experience appreciated.

https://www.singletracks.com/...rail-pikes-peak.html

24 Hour World TT Champs-American record holder
Fat Bike Worlds - Race Director
Insta: chris.s.apex
Quote Reply
Re: Pikes Peak single track climb (Barr Trail) [cmscat50] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some if it, especially the lower part is very doable. Unless you're pretty experienced, I don't think you'd have much fun climbing the whole thing, More importantly though, why do that trial when there is so much great single track nearby? The Cheyenne Canyon area and Gold Camp area have great link-able trails and the falcon trail in the Air Force Academy is a nice 14mile rolling single track loop.
Check out the Cheyenne Canyon/Stratton Open Space/ Gold Camp area for the best in town, Barr trail is pretty lame to ride.
Here are some POV videos of Barr trail if you want to see it for yourself
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=barr+trail+mountain+biking
Quote Reply
Re: Pikes Peak single track climb (Barr Trail) [peace242000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I'm not sure how 7500' over 13 miles could be lame, but I'm not an experienced off road guy.

This is going to be a packed full schedule trip.

As in: Arrive Manitou Friday PM. Ride Pikes Saturday. Arrive in Estes Park Saturday PM. Ride Trail Ridge road (both sides) Sunday morning. Ride (gravel) Fall River Road Sunday PM and depart to head home!

We are packing 10# of crap in a 5# bag for sure so why not pack it more full with an epic MTB climb? If not recommended and epic that's fine, but I'm not looking to do just any nice single track trail. We have plenty of that around home here in the midwest.

Thanks for the response.

24 Hour World TT Champs-American record holder
Fat Bike Worlds - Race Director
Insta: chris.s.apex
Quote Reply