Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pick apart my diet...
Quote | Reply
I'm 6'5" and spent the last year with limit time to train. I favoured the gym as I could go five times a week, put in a 45-50 minute session and get back, plus easy running three to four times a week. My body fat has risen approx 10% and I've bulked up, so time to cut again. I'm targeting a race weight of 200 lbs (90 kgs) and 7-8% bf.

I'm assuming maintenance calories for 200 lbs at approx 2,500 kcal. For the past three weeks I've been eating a 2,500 kcal diet giving the below splits of carbs, fat and protein. I eat the same thing day after day, which sounds horrendous but I don't seem to mind and it takes thinking about food out of the equation, plus I've put together meals based on what is sold in my local supermarket and have designed what I eat around either half pack or full pack, etc... so it's very easy to live by and I feel satiated. Seems to be working well although I could probably do with a bit more lunch, but then I move the pineapple and yoghurt forward a bit and have dinner early.

At some point my metabolism is going to slow down and the weight loss will stall. At this point I'll increase my calories to my current weight maintenance calories (say 2800 kcal) and then start reducing down again by 100 kcal a week just to give the metabolism a bit of bump. Once weight is down, I'll then adjust calories by adding fat (nut butter/Udo's oil) and carbs (brown rice) to make up the shortfall.

As the season progresses and my weight comes down, then intensity goes up, I'll reduce protein, increase fat and carbs, and slightly trade off fat to add carbs.

Anything huge you'd change?
Last edited by: JerseyBigfoot: Jan 15, 18 2:37
Quote Reply
Re: Pick apart my diet... [JerseyBigfoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would decrease the protein and increase the carbs. 250g of protein a day is a large amount. I would drop that to ~150g. That will still get you all of the protein you need.
Quote Reply
Re: Pick apart my diet... [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a fair point. I'm targeting 220g of protein whilst cutting with the aim of retaining as much lean muscle mass as possible in order to keep the basal metabolic rate up. I will cut out the protein shake mid afternoon and increase the brown rice and nut butter to make up the lost calories.

Im looking to change up my "recipe" every fortnight; variety being the spice of life and all. Once I make weight I will drop the protein intake to a lower amount and adjust calorie intake upwards a bit.
Quote Reply
Re: Pick apart my diet... [JerseyBigfoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JerseyBigfoot wrote:
That's a fair point. I'm targeting 220g of protein whilst cutting with the aim of retaining as much lean muscle mass as possible in order to keep the basal metabolic rate up. I will cut out the protein shake mid afternoon and increase the brown rice and nut butter to make up the lost calories.

Im looking to change up my "recipe" every fortnight; variety being the spice of life and all. Once I make weight I will drop the protein intake to a lower amount and adjust calorie intake upwards a bit.

Your diet macros are fine. Keep the high protein. It has a higher TEF rate which burns more 'calories'
Quote Reply