Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Phinney
Quote | Reply
Just think how fast he would have been if he read slowtwitch and knew the HED 3 was much slower than many other wheels.
Quote Reply
Re: Phinney [dennis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The H3 might not be the best wheel but it's never the wrong wheel.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not to mention the round bottle on the down tube. What a Fred

Good thing he has that new aero helmet or he'd have come last
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GT3 not the H3, BMC has been killing the TTs with that wheel
Quote Reply
Re: Phinney [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oranges not oranges
mike s wrote:
GT3 not the H3, BMC has been killing the TTs with that wheel
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But what's up with the nasal strip? Do people really still think this adds something?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Always curious if his position on the bike could translate to TRI-racing? Or is he using too much calves or too much glutes etc etc
Quote Reply
Re: Phinney [jeremyebrock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jeremyebrock wrote:
But what's up with the nasal strip? Do people really still think this adds something?

Now that the pro peloton is clean, they need every advantage they can get! ;)
Last edited by: SBRcoffee: May 28, 16 3:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Funny how the fast guys can break all the Slowtwitch Rules and still be fast, and the slow guys can follow them religiously and still be slow!

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Phinney [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
Funny how the fast guys can break all the Slowtwitch Rules and still be fast, and the slow guys can follow them religiously and still be slow!

I don't think Phinney broke many Slowtwitch rules. I wouldn't call use of the GT3 breaking a rule. Even the H3 is still ST-approved if you're fast. He did use tubulars, it looks like, which breaks a rule. But that's about it?

He's got the upturned bars. Killer skinsuit. Killer helmet. I think he uses longish cranks, so he's not quite onboard with the short-crank fad.

The round bottle is UCI rules.
Last edited by: trail: May 29, 16 7:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dennis wrote:
Just think how fast he would have been if he read slowtwitch and knew the HED 3 was much slower than many other wheels.

I have seen the aero data on the Hed 3+, it is not slow, this appears to be the GT3 but still not the orginal

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Phinney [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
dennis wrote:

I have seen the aero data on the Hed 3+, it is not slow, this appears to be the GT3 but still not the orginal
Can you share them? At least in words? I assume the data is from HED's own testing? With Conti Attack?

So many questions :)
Quote Reply
Re: Phinney [MTM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MTM wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
dennis wrote:

Can you share them? At least in words? I assume the data is from HED's own testing? With Conti Attack?

I will reach out to HED to see if I can share the data. I doubt I will hear back before Tuesday. Can you wait that long? I will say this, if the watts-to-spin are lower too then it is a no-brainer.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
MTM wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
dennis wrote:

I will reach out to HED to see if I can share the data. I doubt I will hear back before Tuesday. Can you wait that long? I will say this, if the watts-to-spin are lower too then it is a no-brainer.

Thanks. Yes, I can wait. Hope you're able to share the data.
Quote Reply
Re: Phinney [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kileyay wrote:
Not to mention the round bottle on the down tube. What a Fred

Good thing he has that new aero helmet or he'd have come last

UCI rules require the round bottle inside the triangle...

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweet, was interested when the + came out, but seemed like it faded fast into obscurity. Data would definitely renew interests.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Phinney [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
UCI rules require the round bottle inside the triangle...

I had gotten the impression that the UCI rules imply that if a TT frame that included mounts for a bottle cage was submitted for approval by the UCI, then a cage has to be attached via those mounting holes during competition.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by: ms6073: May 31, 16 6:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

what tire on the h3+?
Quote Reply
Re: Phinney [leegoocrap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
leegoocrap wrote:

Ditto. No one seems to be giving these much love on the forum, but maybe this will spark some renewed discussion.
Quote Reply
Re: Phinney [buzz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
22 on the h3+ eh? interesting ... thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
buzz wrote:
22 on the h3+ eh? interesting ... thanks!

All the Plus have the Attack 22. Here is the original piece slowtwitch did, aero data at the bottom Hed Jet+ Slowtwitch. 22 don't as 22s once mounted, they measure more like 25mm wide.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i don't suppose you know if the 22 attack is considered to be a better choice than the 24mm turbo cotton on that wheel? cda and crr considered.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I currently have a GP4000s 23 on my H3+ that measures 26mm (was measuring 23mm on my other clincher rims). I'm planning to run a Specialized TC 24 on the H3+ for this weekend's TT. I'll probably look at sourcing some Supersonic 23s for next season though.
Quote Reply