Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pedal Tension Release
Quote | Reply
Ordering some new pedals. As with many pedals, they come in 3 different release tensions. What are the pros/cons/deciding factors in choosing release tension? I could see how choosing an easy release tension for someone new to being clipped in, would be beneficial....but that is the only scenario I can think of that would matter.
Quote Reply
Re: Pedal Tension Release [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Buy the lowest release tension.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In my pedals the release tension is completely separate from the pull---there is a positive lock for the up stroke, and the tension only affects the twist release. If your pedals are similar then I agree with Jim. I've never wanted MORE release tension---mine get a little stiffer in the middle of winter and I don't like it.

I would only increase the tension if it were necessary to ensure I didn't pull out of the pedal. But, then I'd probably switch pedals instead, because I think that's a shit design---I don't want to worry about pulling out while out of the saddle on a sprint or a steep-climb. That would suck big time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are doing flying dismounts (shoes left in pedals) the higher tension release would be better so the shoes don't unintentionally get released.
Quote Reply
Re: Pedal Tension Release [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, x2 what Tom said.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like Lowest tension available and if the cleats have float.. I want none or lowest as well.
Quote Reply