Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

PeasantMan Triathlon on Aug 16
Quote | Reply
A friend of mine is doing the half. Anyone know anything about this race? It's in western New York.
Quote Reply
Re: PeasantMan Triathlon on Aug 16 [RallySavage] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did it 2 years ago (first year it was offered). Small small field. Can get lonely (I did the full). The bike is fair, but I never felt like I could settle In. After 116 miles on the bike, I never wanted to ride again. The run is fast and flat. Good local race. For the best half distance in the area: musselman. Although it's under new ownership.
Quote Reply
Re: PeasantMan Triathlon on Aug 16 [Shaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For the best half distance in the area: musselman. Although it's under new ownership.

Agreed. IMO- the new management is very good at putting on tri's. I have full confidence that the race will be as spectacular as possible.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: PeasantMan Triathlon on Aug 16 [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+2 for musselman. Awesome race.

Quote | Reply
Flat swim. Bike has a short climb at the start, then a slow and long gradual climb, followed by a fast and short descent. Flat run. The bike is two loops for the Half, and seemed super boring to me. If the loop was reversed, it'd be a lot faster!!

Transition area was super crowded. It draws a crowd of local participants, but it won't be a super deep/fast group.
Quote Reply
Re: PeasantMan Triathlon on Aug 16 [RallySavage] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
did the race as a relay 2 years ago. the run was flat and hot...nice area.
heard that it has more participants this year than in the past.
very laid back atmosphere, it's affordable compared to other similar distance races.
the race directors are enthusiastic and really work on giving you a nice race day experience.
Quote Reply