Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Patellar Syndrome
Quote | Reply
Hi to everybody! I'm new in this forum. Is there anybody that can help me with my runner knee problem?
Quote Reply
Re: Patellar Syndrome [Thunder..31] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Take time off of running. Lift weights and strengthen leg muscles and the pain will go away.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you for your support. What do you think about fisioterapy or orthotics?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OP, if your injury has been properly diagnosed then you can find workouts online. Do them. Once pain subsides you can start building up mileage again. Run 5 - 10 min one day then add 5 min the next day. Keep doing that as long as the pain stays away. If the pain comes back drop your time back to the prior day’s time and hold it until you are comfortable adding 5 min again.

Do physio if you are unsure of the injury and / or need someone to watch you and ensure you are doing the excercises properly. No real point in doing the movements if you are doing them incorrectly.

Best of luck!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thunder..31 wrote:
Hi to everybody! I'm new in this forum. Is there anybody that can help me with my runner knee problem?

Just be careful with what I call the "dartboard approach"...i.e.throwing a bunch of stuff at it hoping one hits the bullseye. Best bang for your buck with time (and $$) is to get it evaluated...there are about 4-5 common contributing factors...if you even have "Runner's Knee". Weekly, I have folks walk into my office with "Plantar Fasciitis", "ITband syndrome", or "hamstring strain" and it's something different.

CB
Physical Therapist/Endurance Coach
http://www.cadencept.net
Quote Reply
Re: Patellar Syndrome [PTinAZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for your support. I was visited by many doctors. They said that I had a femor knee cap chondropathy in femor knee cap maltracking. I did physiotherapy and stretching before training and apply ice after on my knees every time I went running. I didn't have any problems. Now I have pain again and my knees are swollen.
Quote Reply
Re: Patellar Syndrome [Thunder.31] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for help. I'm trying the strengthening plan for runner knees at home. I'm applying ice twice a day for fifteen minutes about. I hope I will be fine again. What about orthotics?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi to everybody. I decided to start physiotherapy. The physiatrist told me I needed magnet therapy, laser therapy, transutaneous electrical nerve stimulation and isometry for quadriceps. He also visited me using a toe board for analysing my plantar support. I have a genu valgum and so they applied me orthotics. What do you think about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had that about two years ago. Lots of physiotherapy and taking it easier than I wanted. I still ran though. Oh, and i got orthotics - from a place that specializes in runners, not from the physiotherapist.

Do you do a lot of treadmill runs? I'm in Canada and usually would add lots of volume in January to gear up for a spring marathon. Because of the cold, I'd usually do it on the treadmill. The when the weather got nice, it would go away again. Once I figured out to limit my treadmill kms, everything got better.
Quote Reply
Re: Patellar Syndrome [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for your answer. What type of physiotherapy did you do? How did you solve your problems? I don't run on treadmill because I don't go to the gym. The orthotics I'm using are made by a Orthopaedietechniker. Now I'm continuing with physiotherapy.
Quote Reply