Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Panties in a Bunch
Quote | Reply
Started a new problem lately - shorts bunching up in the area between the thighs and junk on any bike ride or trainer session > 60 min. The fabric seems to gather there, then starts chafing away, and I keep having to take "coast breaks" to re-arrange. The re-arrangement that feels most helpful is to pull down on the lower hem of the shorts - as if the shorts started out at mid-thigh or lower, then started creeping upwards. They don't stay re-arranged for very long, and I have to take more and more frequent re-arrangement breaks.

This happens with multiple different shorts. An older, more worn pair of 2XU tri pants that never gave me problems before, and a new pair of basically the same shorts. Also, and very expensively, this is happening with my new HUUB one piece tri suit that I otherwise like very much. When I wear regular bike shorts rather than tri shorts, the problem is much worse. Only happens on my tri bike - on my commuter/rando/tourer/roadie bike, I can wear just about anything and this does not happen.

One possible contributor: I'm prone to fairly wild weight swings. I have been up, now heading down.

Anyone have any suggestions or tips or work-arounds?
A favorite brand/product that is not prone to this problem?
Quote Reply
Re: Panties in a Bunch [alathIN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dropping weight has caused similar issues for me. Same problems with some shorts after they're more than 5 years old and heavily used. Bibs eliminated much of the problem, even with 30b weigh swings.

My suggestion is chamois cream until your weight settles. Then treat yourself to some new bibs for training.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you even lift, bro?

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Highly recommend DesotoDesoto shorts. Also look into trying bibs or speedo brief.

For years I had similar issues and found shorts that are perfect regardless of road or tri bike.

Happy Training!
Quote Reply
Re: Panties in a Bunch [LuckyLo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LuckyLo wrote:
Highly recommend DesotoDesoto shorts. Also look into trying bibs or speedo brief.

For years I had similar issues and found shorts that are perfect regardless of road or tri bike.

Happy Training!

Any experience with DeSoto's one piece tri suits?
My idea was to find a one piece suit with sleeves - if I can find one that won't make holes in my crotch
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That used to happen to me if I wore cycling shorts that were a little too big/not super snug... Alas, I no longer have that problem....
Quote Reply