Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pain while riding new bike
Quote | Reply
I have a pain in the outside of my left foot while riding. It happens after about five minutes on the bike. Can anyone help me figure it out.

I am a riding neophyte. In Later october I replaced my 15 year old steel frame Nishiki Silohuette that I was told I would grow into when I bought (never did, I think I needed to grow a foot and a half) and which I could not get the rear rim true for at least a year.

I went to Endursport in Toronto to look and walked out having bought a Cervelo One (hadn't even heard of Cervelo before then). This is my first bike with clipless pedals and I must admit that I wasn't much help when Fiona was fitting me because I didn't know how I should feel. After some research I am thinking that an adjustment to the cleat might help. Which way is the question.

Please help as I want to finally ride my new bike outside for more than a five minute spin (I was scared to go too far when I first got the bike because of the whole pedal thing and then the snow came and it hasn't left).

Thanks

"which is like watching one of your buddies announce that he's quitting booze and cigarettes, switching to a Vegan diet and training for triathalons ... but he's going to keep snorting heroin." Bill Simmons, ESPN
Quote Reply
Re: Pain while riding new bike [Yarf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have met Fiona (and Dan R.) and I respect them as outstanding fitters- both. Among the best I have ever met. Fiona's formal training in physical therapy and anatomy give her a perspective few fitters bring to the table. I would take Fiona's advice in all matters of bike fit. Give her good feedback and listen to what she says. Ask Questions. Endurosport is an excellent resource and you have anice bike now that (I'm sure if you got it there) fits you very well. some of the rest is up to you. If you are uncomfortable it is appropriate to ask questions... like you are now! Good luck.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Pain while riding new bike [Yarf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I second Tom, go back to Enduro they do know what they are doing. I sent a friend over to their booth during IMC and she ended up with the One from Dan R. It fits her well and she is very happy with it. Possibly the best bit of advice I have given a newbie regarding a new bike purchase.