Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pads for stock Shiv aero bars
Quote | Reply
Specialized, evidently is not longer producing these, or sending them to their dealers. I've waited for months for them to come in stock.

What is everyone else using? I've heard some decent things about Cee-Gees, but that's about it.
Quote Reply
Re: Pads for stock Shiv aero bars [dprocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had the same issue with getting these. Until a couple weeks ago, they were showing up in the LBS's site as "on backorder until Sept.". No, there is no date. So far, I haven't found anything that works for a 2014 Shiv.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been on CeeGee's for 2nd half of 2015 and all of this year, on my Shiv.

I like them better than the stock Specialzed pads; they are higher density foam, so a little more comfrotable, with no changes to my fit.

no sponsors | no races | nothing to see here
Quote Reply
Re: Pads for stock Shiv aero bars [philly1x] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Using the Ceegee's as well and love the extra comfort, just make sure you order the right ones, Ceegee's website wasn't super clear on which ones were for the current Shiv (they may have updated it since I ordered.) Amazing how quick Specialized has dropped support for the Shiv (and it's still their current TT bike!) Internal bladders are impossible to find, no more aerobar pads, etc. Makes me wonder what other parts are in short supply. :-/ Still love my Shiv:).. just wish Spec loved it as much as i do!

Quote | Reply
I swapped out my front end for a zipp vuka cockpit a while back. Think I still have all bars pads etc from original Shiv stock. If can find them happy to send along.
Quote Reply
Re: Pads for stock Shiv aero bars [gregtay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like fuelselage bladder is on their web site (don't see any indications of out-of-stock):

https://www.specialized.com/...dration-system/47154
Quote Reply
Re: Pads for stock Shiv aero bars [Anton84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks... that's good to hear. It was MIA for quite some time and there was speculation that it was no longer avail, good to see it is back.:)

Quote | Reply
I also swapped mine out for a zipp vuka stealth. I have the originals in the garage never used. Someone wants them, let me know.
Quote Reply
Re: Pads for stock Shiv aero bars [gnewton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Me!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same problem trying to get pads since early spring. Gee gees do not fit the shiv pad holders very well. I took a dremel and cut the pad holders to fit the pads. Gee gee are fine, I seem to collapse the left one on my bike for some reason and it does not spring back in shape but still work
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just send me your address in a PM and I'll send them out early next week
Quote Reply
Re: Pads for stock Shiv aero bars [gregtay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Found this thread when the fabric covering on my stock pads started peeling off (first photo). It's a bit worse on the right than the left -- probably something to do with my tendency to shrug the right shoulder.

Decided to try the CeeGees and ordered them 2017-08-16, shipped from Spokane, WA on 2017-08-18 and arrived 2017-08-21 (in CA). The site must have been redesigned, because it was easy to find:

Put them on my Shiv (2013 bars) on the trainer yesterday -- they looked and felt fine. Can't say I noticed much of a difference from the originals, other than that these are new and the fabric covering isn't peeling away.

You can see the different layers of foam from the side (second photo). If the fabric covering starts to separate from these, I'll note the hours & mileage, then may try a bit of fray check along the edges.

They fit the pad holders well (third photo). Maybe there is a slight mismatch at the outer corners, but not enough that I would trim the pad or holder to correct. (Someone else on this thread had trouble with the fit, so maybe CeeGees corrected the cut since then?)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tip for anyone who has aerobars but can no longer find exact fit aerobar pads:

You can very easily make your own aerobar pads - I did it myself after getting some no-name chinese carbon aerobars on a whim, and finding that the aerobar pads it came with didn't even fit (and no replacements available - that's what you get when you buy no-name stuff, buyer beware!)

I used shoe-goo to glue together 4-5 slices of 'craft foam' (used a weight to hold it down for an hour or so to glue together). Cut it into a nice rectangle shape the size of my aerobar cup with scissors, and then just to make it look 'cool', cut off the corners for a more octagonal look (which made it look a LOT better -went from kinda lame looking to actually pretty cool just by going octagonal shaped.)

Bought some velcro tape (sticky on one side, velcro on the other, separate tapes for the hook and loop). Applied liberal velcro tape to the aerobar cup, and then to the back of the cut craft foam, and then it's easy to just lay your DIY pad right onto the aerobar cup so it'll be held on by the velcro.

Have done quite a few hard training rides and 2 Oly races on it, and it works perfectly. No issues with sweat or slippage whatsoever ,and they are super comfy - feel better than my Profile Design pads I had on the prior aerobars by a lot - and don't slip around at all either.

For about $30 of stuff, you can have a lifetime supply of easy-to-make aerobar pads if you go this route. The next time I do this, I'll probably spend $25 on Amazon to get a long-blade paper cutter so I can get super straight cuts in the foam, but it works perfectly well with scissors. It's very easy too - I could make a new set in <15 mins of labor time for sure now. Give me a paper cutter and I could make a set in <5 mins.
Last edited by: lightheir: Aug 23, 17 15:41
Quote Reply
Re: Pads for stock Shiv aero bars [bluesquall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Checking in a couple months later -- the CeeGees are holding up well, and plenty comfortable on bumpy roads.

Especially if you are having trouble locating the stock pads, I'd recommend the CeeGees.
Quote Reply