Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

PSA - Cheap heart rate strap
Quote | Reply
No connection with this company - I have purchased from them and they are Google certified. Just got this ad and lots of people are always having problems with theirs:
https://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com/products/hrmusa-soft-straps?_ke=dHJpbXVsZXNAYW9sLmNvbQ%3D%3D

$8.00 plus shipping for Polar and Garmin

Quote Reply
Re: PSA - Cheap heart rate strap [trimule] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is the strap only, no transmitter. Not as good as it sounds...
Quote Reply
Re: PSA - Cheap heart rate strap [BigScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Of course it's only the strap! That's why I said "Cheap heart rate strap", not "heart rate monitor". Amazon has the Garmin strap at $31 and the no names are usually $12 to $15 so $8 is a good deal in my book.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry, missed that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trimule wrote:
Of course it's only the strap! That's why I said "Cheap heart rate strap", not "heart rate monitor". Amazon has the Garmin strap at $31 and the no names are usually $12 to $15 so $8 is a good deal in my book.

Definitely a good deal for just a strap if it works. IMO, when they go, I tend to just toss the whole unit, unless it is something specifically with the strap falling apart. Amazon has the ENTIRE premium Garmin Heart Rate Monitor for $38 via 3rd party or $42 via prime. Definitely wouldn't buy just the strap from Amazon prime when you can get the whole unit for $7 dollars more.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the PSA. Have you used this strap before? How did it feel? My garmin soft strap chafes really badly when I run, so I'm looking for an alternative.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA - Cheap heart rate strap [JDinMA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been buying them on Aliexpress for $3-$4 and they work just as good as original Garmin. Shop around...(I only buy a lot because I have a lot of Garmin-equipped athletes
Quote Reply
Re: PSA - Cheap heart rate strap [JDinMA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haven't used this one specifically but have gotten good results from these generic soft straps in the past.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got this strap a month ago...its the Polar version with the raised plastic sides around the snaps. If you are using a Garmin pod you'll need to trim those down, but then the garmin will fit on perfectly.

Also you can usually find 5-10% off codes for HRM.com
Quote Reply