Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
PSA: The De Soto Sleeved Riviera Trisuit is now available for order.
Quote | Reply
There was a thread last week asking about sleeved trisuits and I just noticed this from Desoto, looks nice.
http://www.desotosport.com/product/RTTS

This item is made to order. Please allow 2 weeks from order date to ship date. Delivery time will depend on shipping method chosen, and where you live.
This is a SLEEVED version of the Riviera Trisuit! Same great pad, same pockets, same fit, same compression, now with sleeves!
The 2015 Riviera Sleeved Trisuit has the Patent Pending Integrated Riviera Ceramico™ 7mm Pad. This pad floats and stretches which means it can be used as a race piece in a triathlon. On the bike, the pad stretches with the short and follows your skin as it moves with every pedal stroke, eliminating the friction that can cause irritation or rashes.
The comfort, performance and functionality you've come to love in our Riviera Tri Shorts and Tri Bib, is now available in this amazing new Sleeved Riviera Trisuit!

Here is what you get in this trisuit:
  • Integrated Riviera Ceramico™ 7mm Pad (soft, stretchy, buoyant, and the most durable pad in the world).

• Forza Compressor legs and legband like in all our Forza and Riviera Tri Shorts.

• Waterlid™ Pockets that allow you to swim in this trisuit without a wetsuit.

• Liftfoil center panels that make swimming in this without a wetsuit faster!

• The white version of this trisuit's body is Liftfoil™ fabric with Shield Del Sol™ sun protection.

• Black modesty panels. We intentionally put black panels in the crotch area to avoid saddle stains and for a more flattering appearance.

• The black version of this trisuit's body is Liftfoil™ fabric with the coldBlack® cooling technology.

• Front zipper like in our Forza Trisuits, but read below about the Snake Zip™!

SnakeZip™...What is this?
Due to the unique fit and stretch of this garment, the SnakeZip™ is sewn onto the body of the garment as if the fabric were stretched onto the athlete's body so that the zipper does not inhibit the compressive fit, aerodynamics, and hydrodynamics. The end result is that when the garment is not on the body, the zipper naturally winds side to side. This will not only make the garment more comfortable, but it will also make it more durable.
This item is not designed for repeated use as a swim suit in a chlorinated pool.
SnakeZip™ is a trademark owned by De Soto Clothing, Inc.
Riviera Ceramico™ Pad Dimensions:
Max Thickness: .275" (7mm)
Min Thickness: .05" (1.25mm)
Total Length: 11.25" (28.5cm)
Front Max Width: 4.5" (11.5cm)
Waist Width - most narrow point: 3.5" (8.5cm)
Back Max Width: 6.5" (16.5cm)
Inseam lengths:
Small: 8" (20.25cm)
Medium: 8.5" (21.5cm)
Large: 9" (22.75cm)
XLarge: 9.5" (24cm)

Train safe & smart
Bob

Last edited by: Longboarder: Apr 21, 15 18:34
Quote Reply
Re: The De Soto Sleeved Riviera Trisuit is now available for order. [Longboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What are the shoulders made out of to make this faster than sleeveless?

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: The De Soto Sleeved Riviera Trisuit is now available for order. [texafornia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
texafornia wrote:

FTW
Quote Reply
Re: The De Soto Sleeved Riviera Trisuit is now available for order. [texafornia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
texafornia wrote:

They are made of the same compressive Liftfoil with SDS (Shield Del Sol) as the rest of the suit. The sleeves make this suit UCI legal, protect you from the sun. It is no faster and no slower that our sleeveless version.

Emilio De Soto II
Maker of triathlon clothing, T1 Wetsuits, & Saddle Seat Pads and AXS since 1990
emilio@desotosport.com http://www.desotosport.com
Last edited by: Emilio: Apr 21, 15 15:00
Quote Reply
Re: The De Soto Sleeved Riviera Trisuit is now available for order. [Emilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's good enough for me. Sun exposure inflames, fatigues, and slows you down as it is.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: The De Soto Sleeved Riviera Trisuit is now available for order. [Emilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Emilio wrote:
texafornia wrote:

They are made of the same compressive Liftfoil with SDS (Shield Del Sol) as the rest of the suit. The sleeves make this suit UCI legal, protect you from the sun. It is no faster and no slower that our sleeveless version.

You can't say that... you do not know this as a 100% fact. You can't know it.

I get what you're trying to say... it's not an "aero" "speed" suit but saying it is no faster and no slower is incorrectly generalizing. And I think most people on this forum know that.

**But I am glad that you're not trying to completely horseshit this product as a speedsuit.
Last edited by: BrentwoodTriGuy: Apr 21, 15 15:36
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: The De Soto Sleeved Riviera Trisuit is now available for order. [Longboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i really like it, minus the extensive branding. i understand the need to market and identify with customers, but i prefer minimal font and smaller logos. just my 2 cents
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: The De Soto Sleeved Riviera Trisuit is now available for order. [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Both colors options shown on the product page for this product have very small logos, but the white color shown has even less branding.

Emilio De Soto II
Last edited by: Emilio: Apr 21, 15 19:36
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: The De Soto Sleeved Riviera Trisuit is now available for order. [Emilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Emilio wrote:
Both have very small logos, but the white has even less branding.

So the item in the image above and on the website isn't what the actual suit will look like?
Quote Reply
Re: The De Soto Sleeved Riviera Trisuit is now available for order. [BrentwoodTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Allow me to rephrase that then: In the comparative testing we have performed thus far and over the past number of months, but on a bike and in water, we have found that both the sleeved and the sleeveless offer similar aerodynamic and hydrodynamic characteristics respectively, with neither offering any significant advantage over the other. We plan on doing more tests over the upcoming 5 months.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: The De Soto Sleeved Riviera Trisuit is now available for order. [Cup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The item shown in the OP and on the website are exactly what you will be receiving. There is no difference, but there is another color option you may choose that is shown on the website. It is white with black center panels.

Emilio De Soto II
Last edited by: Emilio: Apr 21, 15 19:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What testing? Wind tunnel? Velodrome?
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: The De Soto Sleeved Riviera Trisuit is now available for order. [Emilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That looks much better. I'm all for showing your brands logo on your products but the huge Desoto on the chest and back of the suit is, to be honest, borderline ridiculous.
Quote Reply
Re: The De Soto Sleeved Riviera Trisuit is now available for order. [BrentwoodTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pool, endless pool, San Diego velodrome time trials, Fiesta Island time trials, and we soon plan to get into a wind tunnel as well as using Aeros in an indoor Velodrome.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: The De Soto Sleeved Riviera Trisuit is now available for order. [Cup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your opinion. Fortunately not everyone shares agrees. We have sold 37 of them this weekend before this very nice original post. 35 are the Hex Print with those ridiculous logos, and 2 are in white with the smaller logos. But I would love to sell one to you so if you prefer one with a smaller logo in front and no big logo in back, email me and I will make it for you that way for the same price.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Emilio,

Can you put more pictures of the "white/black" version on the website? Of the 5 pictures, 4 are of the "fade/hex" and 1 is of the "white/black" (and that 1 picture seems to illustrate a bad crop job).

Thanks,
japarker24

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As expected, great customer service from your brand. Never heard a bad thing and I'm a fan of your shorts. If I was looking for a new suit, I'd take you up on that offer.

Glad they are selling well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love the hex version, am I able to get this in Canada?
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: The De Soto Sleeved Riviera Trisuit is now available for order. [Longboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love Desoto's products. Awesome stuff. Already have a PI Octane and Fusion Sports SS trisuits. Otherwise I'd order one.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hum this would solve the current main problem of my sleeveless, aka farmer tanlines showing ;)

Love the Riviera...
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: The De Soto Sleeved Riviera Trisuit is now available for order. [ironmanjp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironmanjp wrote:
I love the hex version, am I able to get this in Canada?

Right now we are making them to order with a 2 week turnaround from the order date.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The riviera bib is about the best piece of kit that I have ever worn, if this thing will fit me like that thing (and I can't imagine why it wouldn't), WOW.

Ironman Certified Coach

Currently accepting limited number of new athletes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Emilio wrote:
Thanks for your opinion. Fortunately not everyone shares agrees. We have sold 37 of them this weekend before this very nice original post. 35 are the Hex Print with those ridiculous logos, and 2 are in white with the smaller logos. But I would love to sell one to you so if you prefer one with a smaller logo in front and no big logo in back, email me and I will make it for you that way for the same price.

love all of my riviera kit, and might take you up on that offer if you would extend it to me as well.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: The De Soto Sleeved Riviera Trisuit is now available for order. [sdbanker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Of course I will. This offer is valid from now until May 15. Place your order, then email me the order number and tell me you want the hex print minus the large De Soto logos on the front and back.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love your products and have been racing two years now in De Soto. Keep up the good work.
Quote Reply

Prev Next