Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: PSA: New Giro Empire SLX - $175 many colors and sizes. [MrRabbit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MrRabbit wrote:
TG, first thanks for your blog post on these a while back. Got myself a pair, surgically removed the tongue, added some elastic laces, and I love them. No problem at all with flying mounts.

But now that I've dropped this $$ and effort in shoes... my pedals are bugging me. I've heard you mention pedal testing.. I'm riding with Powertap P1s right now as my power source. Heavy and clunky. Definite fail the "does it look fast" test.

Have you tried these shoes with speedplays or other pedals? I'm thinking about making the switch but I'm having trouble discerning if I'm actually giving up time akin to big straps with my pedals or if I'm going of the aero-deep-end (even farther).

I probably need to write that up in more depth. The skinny is I use Speedplay pedals for the time being because I believe they are aerodynamically faster given all the info presented to me. However, I would switch back to Look in a heartbeat - there are a variety of things I don't like about Speedplay including more technical nature of installation, maintenance, and mostly that engagement is too hard, yet disengagement is too easy. That isn't great for trying to do flying mounts.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: New Giro Empire SLX - $175 many colors and sizes. [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just noticed that in some sizes and in the white/black color option the Empire ACC is 50% off - $137.47 - at Competitive Cyclist.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Last edited by: natethomas: Nov 30, 17 7:16
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: New Giro Empire SLX - $175 many colors and sizes. [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: New Giro Empire SLX - $175 many colors and sizes. [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A pair of Thomas Gerlach endorsed Empire SLX shoes can be had on steepandcheap for $175. Tonight they are having a $60 off $300 purchase sale. If that is too much to spend, they might do a $40 off $200 sometime soon.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: New Giro Empire SLX - $175 many colors and sizes. [Poon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello guys, nice thread, might give me some ideas one day even if my bont sub8 do the job.
Just to help a bit you might want to try "freelace" laces. I tried many on my running shoes and they are the i tried stiffness (stiffness, fit, look, strenght).
Quote Reply

Prev Next