Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
PRO Missile EVO spacers and risers
Quote | Reply
I had a friend machine some risers using the shape of the PRO Missile EVO aerobars as these tend to be hard to find. Now it's time to ask the ST community if there's a lot of you out there using these bars where it would make sense to get a bunch of these to sell. These aren't inexpensive, but they allow for quite a bit of height adjustability on those bars. Thoughts?

Quote Reply
Re: PRO Missile EVO spacers and risers [Andres@Tribe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nice! i was considering machining some. i would be interested.
Quote Reply
Re: PRO Missile EVO spacers and risers [tetonrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We're going to be selling these in kits of 60mm pairs (so 2x 60mm, or 2x 40mm & 2x 20mm, or 6x 20mm, etc.). Let me know what you think you'll need.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andres@Tribe wrote:
We're going to be selling these in kits of 60mm pairs (so 2x 60mm, or 2x 40mm & 2x 20mm, or 6x 20mm, etc.). Let me know what you think you'll need.

nice! it's easy enough to modify, but one thing the stock flat spacers have is that notch so they fit together with a bit less movement. of course, having one 20mm spacer is better than 4x5, but that would help, especially if people are integrating these with stock 5mm spacers.

i suspect i would go with ones in the 20-30mm range, so probably 2x40+2x20 for me. might give me the option of cutting the 40mm down to the size i need, which is probably 25mm or so.

aluminum?

i've been thinking of a beveled spacer.

any ideas of ballpark pricing or timing?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would be interested in one or two pair, price?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tetonrider wrote:
Andres@Tribe wrote:

nice! it's easy enough to modify, but one thing the stock flat spacers have is that notch so they fit together with a bit less movement. of course, having one 20mm spacer is better than 4x5, but that would help, especially if people are integrating these with stock 5mm spacers.

i suspect i would go with ones in the 20-30mm range, so probably 2x40+2x20 for me. might give me the option of cutting the 40mm down to the size i need, which is probably 25mm or so.

aluminum?

These are aluminum... and the kit would come with the appropriate bolts. Let me get back to you on timing. We turned these around in about a week, but I'll probably just buy a bunch of the 20, 30, 40 mm ones now that there's a little bit of interest and a need for them. We're going to sell the kits for $80... which I believe is $20 cheaper than shimano and you get more lift.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andres@Tribe wrote:
tetonrider wrote:
Andres@Tribe wrote:

aluminum?

These are aluminum... and the kit would come with the appropriate bolts. Let me get back to you on timing. We turned these around in about a week, but I'll probably just buy a bunch of the 20, 30, 40 mm ones now that there's a little bit of interest and a need for them. We're going to sell the kits for $80... which I believe is $20 cheaper than shimano and you get more lift.

thanks.

shimano's kit includes the curved spacers, but that should be a duplicate for most folks.

problem with including bolts is you don't know if the person wants to use combinations of your spacers....or your spacers + stock spacers.

have you thought about the proper fit with the mandatory curved spacers? that little step helps make things more secure.

for $80, i'd have to think about it, but making my own was an option i'd considered.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The bolts is certainly an issue, and even though we'd send out bolts for multiple settings (similarly to what 3t does), it's still not going to work with all of the different possibilities. As for your question regarding the curved spacer, these are only meant to work in addition to those, otherwise these won't work... and yeah, the curved spacers will be a duplicate to anyone not missing parts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andres@Tribe wrote:
The bolts is certainly an issue, and even though we'd send out bolts for multiple settings (similarly to what 3t does), it's still not going to work with all of the different possibilities. As for your question regarding the curved spacer, these are only meant to work in addition to those, otherwise these won't work... and yeah, the curved spacers will be a duplicate to anyone not missing parts.

yeah, supplying the curved spacers (by shimano) is pretty silly.

why not reduce cost and let folks source their own bolts...if they need them? perhaps that is an option?

i think an important point is being lost: the mandatory curved spacers expect the flat spacers to have a stepped surface. yes, a single spacer will be stiffer than a stack of flat 5mm spacers, but the shimano flat spacers interlock with one another, and they interlock with the curved spacers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tetonrider wrote:
Andres@Tribe wrote:

why not reduce cost and let folks source their own bolts...if they need them? perhaps that is an option?

i think an important point is being lost: the mandatory curved spacers expect the flat spacers to have a stepped surface. yes, a single spacer will be stiffer than a stack of flat 5mm spacers, but the shimano flat spacers interlock with one another, and they interlock with the curved spacers.

Have you seen the stock spacers? They interlock no differently than these. The cavity in the middle allows for the "stepped surface" of the "curved" (or "concave") spacers that interface with the aerobar and base bar to interlock just as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andres@Tribe wrote:
tetonrider wrote:
Andres@Tribe wrote:

Have you seen the stock spacers? They interlock no differently than these. The cavity in the middle allows for the "stepped surface" of the "curved" (or "concave") spacers that interface with the aerobar and base bar to interlock just as well.

thanks for the reply. i like your work.

yes--i've seen the stock spacers. see my photo below. the bottom row shows 2 spacers that are used if the TT extensions are below the base bar, so normally these would have the curved end on the top. anyway, ignore those as no one would use your spacers to get the TT extensions that low.

i could only find one curved spacer quickly, and that's in the middle. that's a left-hand bar spacer, between base bar and TT extension. As you can see, it has an indentation and expects a stepped spacer above it. (See the flat spacer at the top of my picture? I've photographed it with the stepped part facing up for clarity; the bottom has a recessed spot.)

what i've been trying to get at is your spacer seems like it will accept a stepped spacer, but it won't provide as secure of an interlock because it does not have a stepped portion on the other side. does that make sense?

(i'm making an assumption that if you flipped your spacers over they would look the same -- you haven't said there is a stepped portion to it.)

i hope this is clear. i think the interlocking does serve a valuable purpose in stabilizing the space stack. your effort is a step forward in helping to stabilize a large stack of spacers, which is fantastic! however, it takes a small step back by not including that bit.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I installed these to test out as they're the longest ones I've currently had made. Seem to work well. No movement at all which is good. I had a hard time with the 3t risers as there's no surface area for them to rest on top of each other. Happy so far... I'll have to get the right length risers and take it for a spin.

Quote Reply
Re: PRO Missile EVO spacers and risers [AndresLD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What stem is that on your plasma? I have that same bike.

-Kevin
Quote Reply
Re: PRO Missile EVO spacers and risers [KevinTX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KevinTX wrote:
What stem is that on your plasma? I have that same bike.

That's the Di2 Specific stem. This bike is a one-off I think. Only a water bottle mount on the seat-tube and is Di2 only.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They sell that model in Europe but for some reason not in the US.

Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: PRO Missile EVO spacers and risers [Ex-cyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Right... The paint though was to replicate the htc bike. This one looks just like the plasma premium sold in the US.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AndresLD wrote:
Right... The paint though was to replicate the htc bike. This one looks just like the plasma premium sold in the US.

Pretty cool you got that one! I love everything about the bike except for the rear brake placement.

Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think there is a HUGE market for equivelant in 3T spacers (same fit across Brezza, Aura, Mistral etc) just check out the forum threads on this issue.

Also the interlocking system would seem to be far superior to the 3T versions. Which slip and allow the extensions to move.

Do you ....

a. know if these risers are the same shape and work with the 3T?
b. have any interest in creating similar for the 3T system if they are not the same?

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you know if these work for the pro missile are bar (not the EVO)?
Quote Reply
Re: PRO Missile EVO spacers and risers [3Dealz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've not tried... however if you email me a picture of the bolt holes. along with the spacing between the holes in mm (c-c) I should be able to check.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think so, look a this post http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...rum.cgi?post=3108065

My TT bike
BMC TM01
Quote Reply
Re: PRO Missile EVO spacers and risers [Tillquist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tillquist wrote:
I don't think so, look a this post http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...rum.cgi?post=3108065

Yeah, good point.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, I'm in need of some risers!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Andres

I've been searching for PRO TT bar risers, including lots of trips to the Hardware Stores and can't seem to find anything to get me the 1-1/2" inch rise. I just came across this thread and noticed you might be located in Bay Area. If these are available, please let me know offline.

cheers
pablo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you decide to sell the 6 cm. spacers? I want to use a set on a Felt bayonet base bar.
Quote Reply

Prev Next