Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

POC Helmet SPIN
Quote | Reply
Hello All,

http://www.bicycleretailer.com/...helmets#.WZdF-iiGNhE

"The company was one of the first to use the MIPS technology, which promises similar benefits. A company spokesman said SPIN, which stands for "Shearing Pads Inside" is a more integrated system. MIPS requires a separate layer inside the helmet against the head, which can add to the overall size of the helmet and potentially reduce air flow. SPIN uses helmet pads that perform a similar function.

SPIN pads "are placed in precise locations throughout the helmet and shear in any direction to minimize the effects of an oblique impact by allowing the helmet to move relative to the head," the company said. "

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Re: POC Helmet SPIN [nealhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting. I wonder if it will help or hinder sales. I bought 2 of my helmets in large part because they were MIPs equipped, which was a big selling feature to me.

Not sure how quick I'd be to buy into their new SPIN system.
Quote Reply
Re: POC Helmet SPIN [captain-tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello captain-tri and All,

Looks like the primary advantages of the POC SPIN system (if it works as advertised) are the better air flow and smaller helmet shell .... and perhaps lower cost than MIPS.

But the old adage 'that you don't fly an aircraft until the rudder pedals are shiny' still applies.

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply