Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

PC's and Aero Bars
Quote | Reply
Those using PCs, did or do you have any trouble using PC while in the aero position? I've heard that some are unable to use PC's in the aero position because they can't develop enough power on the upstroke(?) Perhaps it just takes time in the roadie position? Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: PC's and Aero Bars [Luntzy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's much tougher to ride the PC's in the aero position. The problem is with the hip angle... it's so much tighter. It requires more strength and flexibility to keep the upstroke smooth. Regular cranks push your foot over so its not a problem.

After riding the PC's exclusively for several months I am able to get aero more often and for longer periods. I'm hoping to be able to get full aero for an Oly distance (40k) race by next spring.

Yep.. it just takes time.
Quote Reply
Re: PC's and Aero Bars [Greg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i agree with greg. you can also raise the bars with a lift kit or a different stem ( faceplate style stems make this a 2 min job) or spacers for a while as needed. it is interesting to note that while your preconceived self you wil be slower up in the wind you can in actuality get a little clinic one the "power vs aero" debate by actually being higher, yet going faster at the same effort - or the same speed as your low-bar self for less effort. fun
Quote Reply
Re: PC's and Aero Bars [Luntzy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think I am one of the luckier ones in this regard. Although I've only had PC's a week, it doesn't seem to matter much to me. Although, I do have my bars at the upper end of normal for me...common for this time of year to give my neck a break. I imagine it would be more difficult if I had my bars down to mid-year level.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Re: PC's and Aero Bars [ktalon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've ridden pcs once with aero setup (forward seat post on road bike) and once without (standard seatpost). It was possible to ride in the aero positoin, but much more difficult. I was thinking that a "big slam" setup might make more sense for trying to get aero with pcs. Any thoughts on this?
Quote Reply
Re: PC's and Aero Bars [Tom in AL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are there any cases where the big slam position isn't favored over a standard road bike retrofit of a forward seat post and normal aerobars?

---------------------------------------------------------

"What the mind can conceive and believe, the mind and body can achieve; and those who stay will be champions."
Quote Reply
Re: PC's and Aero Bars [L-1011] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Mac and have no trouble in the aero position.
Quote Reply
Re: PC's and Aero Bars [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1
chaparral wrote:
I have a Mac and have no trouble in the aero position.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What a time to be alive
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bumping a 12-year-old thread? Chapeau...

Eliot
blog thing - strava thing
Quote Reply
Re: PC's and Aero Bars [renorider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
renorider wrote:
Bumping a 12-year-old thread? Chapeau...

I did not bump it, it was on the first page for me already. Did not see the dates.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
well, either through accident or purpose or a forum bug, you sorted the "last post" column as ascending instead of descending. dec '02 are the first posts on the forum!

Eliot
blog thing - strava thing
Quote Reply