Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by dp1122
Re: P2 or TM01 [dp1122] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dp1122 wrote:
I am trying to decide between a P2 with di2 and a BMC TM01 with ultegra mechanical. I like the BMC frame/integration but worried about having to adjust brakes due to being hidden or integrated. P2 has both exposed brakes. I think it would be a great bike plus I can buy from my local bike shop, closest bmc dealer is over 90 miles. Price is essentially identical.

I know this is mostly personal preference but any thoughts/recommendations would be appreciated!

Thanks.

P2, especially considering it has di2. Performance wise - much of a muchness for pretty much all TT bikes in that price bracket, it really comes down to what fits you best and what specific components you want such as di2.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The TM01 is a sexy machine and P2s are fairly common in comparison, well in Australia anyway. It's really a personal preference, Di2 is nice but not really needed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cervelo only sells the P2 with the 105 groupset, right?

So is the DI2 setup used or from a shop that's retrofitting them?

Thanks
Mike
Quote Reply
Re: P2 or TM01 [mgreen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not retrofitted. Not yet available. But will be in November. It will come with Di2 from factory.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good deal on a TM02
https://www.facebook.com/groups/onlineswap/permalink/1116149408500473/?sale_post_id=1116149408500473
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Having just gone through the unexpectedly excruciating process of working on my rear brake on my TM02, which ultimately required removing the chain ring, I would go with P2 all other things being equal. The same job on my wife's current P2 (changing brake pads) would have taken me 15 min. I'm sure if you are super mechanically inclined, or are cool paying the shop to do it for you, it wouldn't be such a big deal. But it was such a PITA for me.
Quote Reply
Re: P2 or TM01 [MadTownTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is a thread on what has been done with NP2s. As close to the NP2 owners thread as you can get.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...and%20white#p5171780
Quote Reply
Re: P2 or TM01 [MadTownTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thats my fear, love the bike, but do I really want to have to mess with all that if I have to do some brake work, and I prefer to do it myself
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a TMO 1 & 2.

Over 5,000 miles on them and have only needed to adjust the breaks once on the 2 ( I bought a new wheel set) Never on the 1, so I wouldn't worry about the pita of breaks.
Quote Reply
Re: P2 or TM01 [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For same price getting the Di2's is worth it alone. Some say it makes no difference, but IMO it's amazing; I wouldn't ride a TT bike without it.
Quote Reply
Re: P2 or TM01 [mbecks2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As a TM01 owner ... I'm biased... The rear brake is the only issue on the TM01 adjustment wise(changing shoes etc). electronic on a TT bike is more important then on a road bike to me, game changer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Setting up the brakes on a TM01 is really not difficult at all. I've been ride one for 2 years and never needed to adjust anything...

"Suddenly the thought struck me. My floor is someone elses ceiling"-Nils Ferlin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've vote TM01. Ride it for a year or two and then upgrade the bike to Di2 (pricing should continue to come down). That bike is dead sexy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ive heard some great things about the new version of the TM01. not exactly sure when its coming out but they did a behind curtain showing of it at interbike. talked to my bike shop owners about it. said it was pretty awesome. the main draw for it is a seamless integration system where you convert from a tri to a TT fast. I haven't rode a P2 before but the TM01 is top of the line, best carbon where the P2 isn't at the same level. you can always switch out components and the mechanical ultegra is a great drivetrain.
Quote Reply