Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: P2/P3 custom cable routing (TriRig.com) [CyclingBrad02] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So if you're running an ilink type cable with full liner, why do you need an inset cable stop? Couldn't you just drill a hole in the frame just big enough for the cable liner to pass through, and use the top tube itself as the cable stop? The i-link would press against the top tube. This is shifter cable, not brake, so there wouldnt be tremendous amount of force.

Minimal hole drilled...?

I just got a P3c so considering the mod.

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Re: P2/P3 custom cable routing (TriRig.com) [jeremyb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I suspect most of the fibers on the top tube are running along the length of the tube, and if this is the case that cable rubbing against the frame will split the tube in half. Not much strength in that direction.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did try this at first and did not like how it worked. I think it was due to the liner being up against the smaller drilled hole in the frame and possible kinking. I did only do a 4mm hole instead of others doing the 5mm hole. The nice part about the way that I did it is that the flexible noodle gently guides the housing down from the head tube and into the down tube.
Quote Reply
Re: P2/P3 custom cable routing (TriRig.com) [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So what I did was basically the Tririg version, but:

• I drilled the hole a bit smaller than the Jagwire insert, then used a dremel bit to widen the hole. This let me get the hole as small as possible, dremel/check fit/dremel etc

• I ran the cables down through the frame, but couldnt just "slide the liner up". So instead I took off the fork. Ran the liner up from the BB, it came out the headtube, then with needle pliers I got the liner up through the holes above. Then I ran the cable back down through the liner. This was a lot faster than fishing the cables down through the frame.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pictures????
Quote Reply
Re: P2/P3 custom cable routing (TriRig.com) [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didnt take any during the process.

The after looks a lot like everyone elses. I put black electrical tape over the previous downtube stops = not pretty.

Quote Reply
Re: P2/P3 custom cable routing (TriRig.com) [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do I see you added a Jagwire Pop link at the end of the rear brake line as it enters the top tube? Could you have gotten away without using that?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know it's an old post... but I recently bought a P3C frame from the old days. I've been inspired by your nice and clean setups. I still love the clean design of this frame and could find one for cheap. The build is far from being finished, it's going to be 1x di2 with the cable mod routing, so fairly easy cable management here.
I wanted to hide the unused holes on the downtube, not sure I've seen a lot of feedback about that. I stripped the paint by sanding and I stuck a beveled 6mm carbon rod in both unused holes, finished with epoxy resin and more sanding.
I also got rid of the front derailleur holder for a nice finish. I'm currently painting the frame (work in progress, still some work to do). Sorry about the crappy pics, they were not meant for instagram haha.

Quote Reply
Re: P2/P3 custom cable routing (TriRig.com) [pwai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pwai wrote:

Pretty stunning start to your project. Definitely post again when its done, would love to see it !

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply

Prev Next