Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Owners of Castelli T1 Stealth: Do you swim in it?
Quote | Reply
How's the shoulder rotation? Did a quick search and was unable to find the answer. Perhaps I missed it?
Quote Reply
Re: Owners of Castelli T1 Stealth: Do you swim in it? [ghostrocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I owned the Stealth for 1 race - Ironman 70.3 Raleigh. I would not swim in it. It was far tighter to wear than my Pearl Izumi Octane sleeved suit that I swam in during a half-ironman. When Castelli says it's meant to put on in T1, I can confirm they do mean that.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Owners of Castelli T1 Stealth: Do you swim in it? [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: Owners of Castelli T1 Stealth: Do you swim in it? [ghostrocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will swim with mine underneath my wetsuit but with great care to get the shoulders and fabric at the right place. I tried it 2 days ago (practice) and could definitely feel a bit more restriction but nothing too bad.

I will tell you on monday if i was wrong!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
I owned the Stealth for 1 race - Ironman 70.3 Raleigh. I would not swim in it. It was far tighter to wear than my Pearl Izumi Octane sleeved suit that I swam in during a half-ironman. When Castelli says it's meant to put on in T1, I can confirm they do mean that.

Just to make sure, you didn't like it because you felt limited range of motion?

I think I'm testing mine this weekend... which I should be doing but I also like the fact that I could do the whole damn race shirtless.
Quote Reply
Re: Owners of Castelli T1 Stealth: Do you swim in it? [BrentwoodTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't like it at all. It just didn't work for me. It was tight as it should be but there is no way I would swim in it

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We must just have different builds and fits of the shirt. I personally think it'll be fine... but I haven't swam in it yet either.
Quote Reply
Re: Owners of Castelli T1 Stealth: Do you swim in it? [BrentwoodTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I sold it right after Ironman 70.3 Raleigh. I'm sticking with the Octane

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
I sold it right after Ironman 70.3 Raleigh. I'm sticking with the Octane

Hmmmm considering I can get a brand new one for $150... I should probably try it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what are your dimensions and how far will you be swimming? I'm focused on ironman distance so shoulder fatigue is definitely a concern. thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ghostrocket wrote:
what are your dimensions and how far will you be swimming? I'm focused on ironman distance so shoulder fatigue is definitely a concern. thanks!

Are you asking me or Bryan? I'm focused on Ironman and I'm smack dab in the middle of Castelli's medium fit profile.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am doing a test swim with my T1 under my wetsuit tomorrow. I really don't see how it will be an issue provided it is pulled up properly under the armpits. I just don't see how a T1 could be as restrictive as a wetsuit. It is paper thin. I would be more concerned about damaging the T1. I guess I will find out tomorrow. If it is an issue with the swim, I probably will not wear in Sunday's 70.3. I don't want to deal with putting on the T1 while wet. It goes on quick when dry but takes me twice as long to put on when wet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I dont think its worth it to swim in it, at least it wasnt for me at IMTX. I put it on in T1, it maybe took an extra 10 seconds. I dont think I'll use it for anything under the IM distance though.
Quote Reply
Re: Owners of Castelli T1 Stealth: Do you swim in it? [Scott_B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cool, please report back with your results!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He clicked reply on your username therefore he is asking you

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
He clicked reply on your username therefore he is asking you

Thanks Captain Obvious... he asked a question that seemed to warrant a response with some type of experience. I literally have none with the shirt other than trying it on indoors; hence my confusion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well if it was so obvious you would not have asked :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Well if it was so obvious you would not have asked :)

I was being polite and making sure he knew he wasn't getting a response from someone with knowledge and possibly to get a response that had some type of knowledge to it (aka you).

I like how we're kinda being rude to each other and I'm just sitting back and really bashing myself.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Honestly...the Octane is a much better choice than the T1 Stealth. I just don't understand why anyone would really want it. I got sunburned on the run at Raleigh and with the Octane I never got burnt. The Octane also has been testing very well on many athletes....even pros

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Honestly...the Octane is a much better choice than the T1 Stealth. I just don't understand why anyone would really want it. I got sunburned on the run at Raleigh and with the Octane I never got burnt. The Octane also has been testing very well on many athletes....even pros

My .02... I went out of my way to get the Kona T1 Stealth because I think it's faster with half zip. I'm hoping that slight improvement is making it as fast if not faster than the Octane. With this hope... I really like running in a basic run singlet, I hate tight Tri tops on the run for a number of reasons, none of which one suit comes close to fixing.

So, the suit seems to tick the boxes when it comes to function and comfort. With ALL this said, I haven't heard much of anything about the T1 testing well.. which fucking sucks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the T1 hasn't tested well? can you share some links/data? that pretty much answers my question too ... albeit in a different manner.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ghostrocket wrote:
the T1 hasn't tested well? can you share some links/data? that pretty much answers my question too ... albeit in a different manner.

Sorry... I made way too big a statement there. The T1 HAS tested well. It has not been talked about much as testing well since it came out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I own the T1 and Octane. Both are great. Once swimming, I don't notice either under a wetsuit. I'm surprised others do. Both are illegal in a non-wetsuit swim...just ask Crowie.

Even if the Octane is faster, some will undoubtedly prefer the T1 because you can 1) easily remove it in T2, e.g. and wear singlet underneath for the run, and 2) easily drop your shorts should the need arise, e.g. code brown.
Quote Reply
Re: Owners of Castelli T1 Stealth: Do you swim in it? [415brian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Both are illegal in a WTC non wetsuit race...USAT says they are legal for all swims without wetsuits

Last edited by: BryanD: Jun 19, 14 19:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wore my T1 under my wetsuit yesterday for a test swim and it feels fine. If there is any extra resistance through the shoulders I didn't notice it. There may be more compression through the chest area but this could just be because I am coming down with a sinus cold. I am going to give it another go today.
Quote Reply

Prev Next