Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Open water swimming CPH
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

I just moved to Copenhagen. I did my first olympic distance last summer and would like to continue training. Where would be goods spots for open water swimming in Copenhagen?
Quote Reply
Re: Open water swimming CPH [elinap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Welcome to Copenhagen; hope you will enjoy your time and training.

Depending on where you live an easy and quick way to get in the water is to look for one of the “Havnebade” – “pools” in the harbor in central Copenhagen. Open 24/7 with lifeguards during daytime these are good places to go swimming (80-90 yards length) or just having a good time in the water.

There are 3-4 places; one just south of Langebro (one of the large bridges across the harbor) on the eastern side of the harbor. Another one of them is close to the mall called Fisketorvet; Copenhagen Mall. This place can easily be reached by taking the S-train to “Dybbølsbro/Fisketorvet” – one station south of the central station.

For real open water swimming one of the major spots is of course “Amager Strandpark” – the venue of the IM CPH. It can be reached by taking the Metro to “Amager Strand” – take the Metro line going to the airport. This is a really nice area for swimming; in the “lagoon” it is usually quite calm and nice.

Just north of Copenhagen you can find “Svanemøllebugten” – can be reached by taking the S-train to Svanemøllen followed by a short walk. Here you will find a small beach where you can take a swim.

If you want to take a longer swim an alternative (north of Copenhagen) to Amager Strandpark is “Charlottenlund Fort” – take the S-train to Charlottenlund and from there you have a 15-20 min walk I guess. Great place; although as for the other places along the coast it is quite exposed (depending on where you usually swim) when the wind is easterly…

Last advice; get a (cheap) bike for getting around in Copenhagen but remember to secure it when leaving it…
Quote Reply
Re: Open water swimming CPH [KRDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks a lot!!
Quote Reply