Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

One Piece or Two Piece Tri Suit for Full Distance?
Quote | Reply
I plan on completing my 1st ironman race next year and now seems to be a good time to purchase tri clothing discounted.

i do have a once piece tri i've used on my sprint, olympic, and 70.3 races this year and i loved it.

it doesn't ride up like my bike jerseys do.

Are there concerns about a one piece in an ironman? top riding up during the bike leg?

i see the pluses of a two piece is to change out of the shirt for the run quickly and of course to poop if you need too. Getting in and out of a one piece is a pain.

Thoughts?
Last edited by: Reactions: Oct 31, 14 16:07
Quote Reply
Re: One Piece or Two Piece Tri Suit for Full Distance? [Reactions] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Raced in the same 1 piece at all distances this year. Worked fine. I never needed to remove it but prerace potty wasn't a big deal. I don't see the fuss. I liked how poring ice down your top eventually worked is way down south.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: One Piece or Two Piece Tri Suit for Full Distance? [Reactions] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is all about preferences and comfort. If it works for you in all the other races why change? I have learned as I mature as a racer some things are all about marketing. Comfort trumps all things for 140+ in my book. Keep the 2 piece. I really doubt you will be faster or slower based on a kit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I race in a one piece for all distances. Prefer not to have anything around my waist. It has never caused me any issues. As the other poster said comfort is the key, use what is most comfortable for you.
Quote Reply
Re: One Piece or Two Piece Tri Suit for Full Distance? [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The only thing stopping me from getting a one piece is that #2 thing, how hard is that operation when everything is damp?
Quote Reply
Re: One Piece or Two Piece Tri Suit for Full Distance? [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depends how much notice you have.
Quote Reply
Re: One Piece or Two Piece Tri Suit for Full Distance? [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pull both straps off shoulders for the one piece and done. I can do it in a few seconds. It doesn't take that long and I'm not sure why people seem to think it takes forever to take it off

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply