Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
On the Queen K; Like a Boss or douche move?
Quote | Reply
While racing Kona, I witnessed something I haven't seen in my 30 years of triathlon.

At about 30 miles, there was a women riding along and younger girl locked on her wheel, no more
than 4 inches separating them. The girl drafted like this for at least 10 minutes. I was about 40 meters behind.

A male racer passed me going pretty good. He pulls up next to the drafting rider, points and says something
then reaches behind her and removes and tosses her behind saddle bottles to the side of the road.

The girl sat up and realized the bottle was missing and took off after him. There was an aid station coming soon
and I lost what happened after that.
Quote Reply
Re: On the Queen K; Like a Boss or douche move? [Fishman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hilarious

"Base training is bull shit" - desertdude
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Justice.

I tweet!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Excellent backdoor brag.

Moving on to the dude, making yourself the judge, jury and executioner is never cool. Having said that, I don't feel a ton of sympathy for the "victim".

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DOH!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haha!

IIRC the user on here who goes by Shamerli also had a nice trick for taking care of drafters.

Here it is from his IM Wales race report.

shamerli wrote:

I witnessed very little drafting apart from the beginning of the turning-point in lap 1 (Lap 1 was close to 68miles, lap 2 close to 45 or something). 2 Brits passed me very clearly riding wheel-to-wheel in the head-on section of the course, shortly thereafter, I noticed 4-5 guys behind me. Luckily a motor-bike official just came buy and gave everyone a warning to break-up. All, bar one, did and where never seen again. The one that chose to not choose right, was doused by a good shot of iso-drink by me when he was sticking a few inches from my back-wheel. I never sam him again after that.

Quote Reply
Re: On the Queen K; Like a Boss or douche move? [Bigringonly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd love to know what he said...maybe this?

"Since you're saving energy by drafting you probably won't need this additional nutrition"

"Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday."
Quote Reply
Re: On the Queen K; Like a Boss or douche move? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Moving on to the dude, making yourself the judge, jury and executioner is never cool. Having said that, I don't feel a ton of sympathy for the "victim".

No, sometimes it is really cool. Also justified when the actual judge and jury don't do their jobs =)

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like a boss
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Boss.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Douche move. Could have caused a crash for all 3 of them. Let Jimmy and team handle the drafting enforcement. That could have ended very badly and he would have been at fault.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can't say I support self-righteous vigilante justice. A verbal tongue-lashing is one thing; physical confrontation crosses a line. Worst case would have been if the guy would have taken all three of them out in grabbing for the offender's water bottles.

Better to just do your own race and let the officials do their job.

Mark
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry, I'll be the minority opinion: the guy was a douchebag, same as the wheel sucker. Get a number, report to the next marshal you see. Guy is not the judge and jury and does not get to pass sentence. If I was officiating and saw him do this it's an immediate DQ. If this chick is sucking wheel at mile 30 she's gonna be sucking wheel somewhere else, and the system will find her and deal with her.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gotta say, part of me says "well done!" Time penalty served in the aid station replacing lost fluids-lost nutrition maybe caught up with her later in the day...

On the other hand, would he have done it if it was a male of similar size? Potentially much different consequences for the bottle trasher...

I'm heading into my 5th IMFlorida next week. Hate drafting, and it's a notorius draft fest. Being a fish, packs always catch up with me. Best I've come up with is to turn and say to the POS drafters passing me "shame on you". Not shouting, but simply stating the obvious while they move past. Without exception, the reaction has been to turn their heads away, not say a word in reply.

Although I do have visions of one day patrolling the course on a motorcycle with a high-pressure squirt gun full of indeliable red paint....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was both. The person deserved to have her bottle thrown like that, but he should not have done it. Also, the littering aspect.

I will admit I would probably cheer if I saw it happen though.
Quote Reply
Re: On the Queen K; Like a Boss or douche move? [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
It was both. The person deserved to have her bottle thrown like that, but he should not have done it. Also, the littering aspect.

Shouldn't he be penalized for littering too?
Quote Reply
Re: On the Queen K; Like a Boss or douche move? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Excellent backdoor brag.

I don't know. Unless these were Pro women, the dude was being seriously "chicked"...twice...not that there is anything wrong with that ;)

Haim

-------------------------------------------------------
"Sometimes you need to think INSIDE the box!" -- ME
"Why squirrel hate me?"
Quote Reply
Re: On the Queen K; Like a Boss or douche move? [Haim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haim wrote:
Excellent backdoor brag.

I don't know. Unless these were Pro women, the dude was being seriously "chicked"...twice...not that there is anything wrong with that ;)

Haim

Damn beat me to this. And the fact they had 40m on him and he never saw them again.
Quote Reply
Re: On the Queen K; Like a Boss or douche move? [tucktri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tucktri wrote:
Haim wrote:
Excellent backdoor brag.

Haim

Damn beat me to this. And the fact they had 40m on him and he never saw them again.

Probably just about racing Kona.
Quote Reply
Re: On the Queen K; Like a Boss or douche move? [tucktri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha, I was going to reply with something along those lines as well.

Only said racing Kona so it wasn't as a spectator seeing an action for a short window of time. The "racing"
part is very loose and up for speculation.

Actually did catch up to the leading women (on a downhill, Im pretty good on those, let the fat do the work), I said
did you see that. She had no clue the girl was behind her for so long and only heard some guy yelling about
drafting behind her.
Last edited by: Fishman: Oct 20, 14 8:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure I would want to try that on such a windy day that was being reported (especially in a crosswind).

Good for him though
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was the woman in front...riding head down into the headwind and I hear a guy yelling "no drafting,no drafting" I look ahead and there is NO one ahead of me for as far as I can see. I then hear a female yell "what the hell?" Soon a guy rides past and young female soon there after. I was totally confused until Fishman rode up and told me what happened.

In my opinion it was Like a Boss. I like the vigilante approach to drafters

Julie Dunkle
idropboys....chill out it's a joke, have a little fun
Quote Reply
Re: On the Queen K; Like a Boss or douche move? [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:

^ This! Perfecty sums up the conflicting aspects of it. Boss move since it worked out right, but definitely don't want to encourage vigilante referees.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Douche move doesn't even began to describe it.

Twitter
Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: On the Queen K; Like a Boss or douche move? [idropboys] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your username seems really funny now in this context.
Quote Reply

Prev Next