Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

On Running
Quote | Reply
I have been training for my 6th and 7th marathons in On Cloud Runners. I like them, but wondering if I could race in less bulky ones. What have others ran a marathon in? I have had multiple ACL/MCL and meniscus surgeries with little meniscus left and no ACL in left knee. Therefore, need cushion, but for a race , wondering if others have tried the Cloud Racer or the minimalist?
Quote Reply
Re: On Running [ejharrington79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
love my racers
did 13.1
awesome no prob
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Qualified for and ran Boston in Surfers.... I love the clouds as well. Great shoe company!
Quote Reply
Re: On Running [Prie0065] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you all!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've run in Newtons since they were introduced and never had any problems, but I needed a new race shoe for IMMT last year and didn't want to spend $160 so I bought the cloud racer. I ran in them several times prior to the race and then ran a PR off the bike at IMMT in them. I love them for racing! So light with just enough cushion. I have no knee issues so I can't speak to whether they are "substantial" enough for you, but definitely worth a look. Only downside to them is they don't last very long. I'd say if you get 150 miles out of them you're doing well.

Ironically, I bought a pair of Cloud surfers as well last year and don't like them at all. Too much structure and weight and I feel like I'm in a pair of high heels. Just goes to show it's all down to personal preference, but my two cents is that the Cloud racer is a great race day shoe but you need to try it to make sure it works for you.

Good luck.

I proudly DO NOT post my workouts on Facebook!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have over 400 miles on my Clouds and I just bought another pair that are waiting to be called up. By the looks (and feel) of things I could easily go over 500, but I think I'm going to draw the line there with IM Chattanooga coming up in less than 10 weeks. This was under the advice of my running shop's owner after he inspected my current Clouds. The new ones I just bought will be my shoe of choice for IM Chattanooga although I race open marathons in NB 1600s.

VDOT O2 Run Coaching
Team INFINIT Discount Code: RowanJones
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love my Cloud Racers. I like them better than my racing flats...
Quote Reply