Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Olympic Trials-Marathon
Quote | Reply
Who do we want to qualify?
Who do we think will qualify?

Men-
I bet either Rupp, Estrada or Chelanga pull off a surprise win with a fast time (on their first marathon).
Predict:
Estrada 2:08:20
Ritz 2:08.25
Rupp- 2:08.45

Women-
I bet Shalane, Shalane, .... Linden
Quote Reply
Re: Olympic Trials-Marathon [dirtymangos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I read an interview in which Meb said that Rupp declaring will most likely take away one spot. I think Ritz is due and has to be a favorite. Pulling for Meb for that last spot, but Puskedra might get it.

I would think Shalane and Desi are as close to being locks as you can get. Pulling for Kara, but Amy Cragg may get that 3rd spot.

Really looking forward to watching on Saturday. It's going to be warm, especially with a 10am start, so that may affect things - just not sure how.
Quote Reply
Re: Olympic Trials-Marathon [mstange22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great event to watch, seeing the elites up close multiple times and seeing some of the best distance runners in the country, many for whom this race is their Olympics. I saw the men's race in '04 down in Birmingham when a friend of mine qualified, also saw the women's race in '08 when it was here in Boston.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
will this be covered live anywhere? thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Olympic Trials-Marathon [jonnies] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, NBC is covering it live on their network - not sure if it's NBCS or the mother ship. It will also be streamed online as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Olympic Trials-Marathon [mstange22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like it will be NBC - live coverage, starting at 10:00am local time.

First time since I've canceled my cable that I'll be missing the DVR. Should be able to find it online afterwards tho.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gunna say:

Meb is the only for sure spot imo. Rupp is a wild card as he has never raced the distance and I bet it he doesn't feel 100% he will drop out or dns.
Estrada posted some crazy stuff on twitter not to long ago, wouldn't be surprised if he got in the mix and maybe the w.
Ritz might show up, hasn't really done anything impressive lately. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets a spot.
I don't know much about Chelanga to say how he will do. Has he ran a marathon before? I recall him winning a race (or two?) this fall.

OlympicHopeful.com - Interviews with aspiring Olympians | Strava
Supported by: Skechers|Zwift|Squirt Lube|TYR|Rubber Ducky Sunscreen|Riplaces|MultiSport Canada|Joshus Bikes
“More often than not bad luck meant bad plans” -Joe Abercrombie
Quote Reply