Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Older P3 v. New P2
Quote | Reply
I can get these frames for essentially the same price (older P3 may be $100 cheaper)

P2-is used with about 4500 miles; I know the Size 58 fits me great; the white/blue is growing on me but objectively it is certainly not the best color scheme; get the benefit of better storage options etc.
P3-previous model (2012 or 2013 model); never been fitted on a 58 in the older P3, but fairly certain it will work; it is brand new so I get the benefit of the warranty; much better paint job, but less aero than new P2 and lacks storage options

Which is better deal? Which would you go for?
Quote Reply
Re: Older P3 v. New P2 [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New P2 because it's going to be faster than the old P3. It's also Di-2 compatible, can fit wider wheels, and is a better frame.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would old P3 fit my Flo 90 rims? I have read mixed reviews.
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Sep 5, 15 8:01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, they fit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My old P2 can fit a Zipp Super 9 Disc with 25 mm tires. My friends old P3 can't fit 25 mm tires.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Sep 5, 15 8:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It may need to come down to fit. Those are pretty different bikes. In a 54, the stack/reach for each is: o-P3 498/419 vs. n-P2 522/411. A bike is not fast if it doesn't fit you.

Coach Brain: Accelerate 3 ; Incoherent Ramblings
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If the new p2 fits, then the old p3 will fit with a bunch of spacers.

I'm actually thinking about finding an old p3, it's one of the few bikes that will actually fit the way I like to be set up, and want something a little longer than my current ride. On a 51 p2sl now, maybe I'll sell some bikes out of the collection and get a 54 p3

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
Would old P3 fit my Flo 90 rims? I have read mixed reviews.

There shouldn't be any fit issues with the Cervelo P3.

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply
Re: Older P3 v. New P2 [Duckie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duckie wrote:
It may need to come down to fit. Those are pretty different bikes. In a 54, the stack/reach for each is: o-P3 498/419 vs. n-P2 522/411. A bike is not fast if it doesn't fit you.

If you're able too, I'd try them both out and see which one fits better. If they both do, for me I'd get the newer model but again that's my opinion.

Good luck
Quote Reply