Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Old Cervelo with Magura TT - rear mounting
Quote | Reply
I'm trying to fit some Magura RT-6 brakes onto my P3SL. The front is great, after getting it bled correctly it fits nicely and works really well.

However, how can I fit the back? I've filled out the internal routing cable stop, so that the hose can go through the frame, but the problem is with actually mounting the brake. I think that the mount style for rear brake is common across most older Cervelos, including the previous P3C and P2C.

The issue is hopefully illustrated here, http://imgur.com/a/9Fhn7, and will make sense to anyone with experience with this brake mount. The idea is that the brake attaches to the small black insert, which is then bolted into the frame. However the shape of the brake makes it impossible to screw the mount back onto the frame. Even if I were able to do this, it would have to be with the hose disconnected, and then re-bleed the system. So any time I wanted to move the brake I would have to drain and then bleed it...

Any suggestions? I'm sure that someone must have come up against this before.

Thanks for your help
Quote Reply
Re: Old Cervelo with Magura TT - rear mounting [cambridge_dixie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know anything about P3 brake mounting, but once you have the brake set in place, why would you want to move it?

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Old Cervelo with Magura TT - rear mounting [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I mean, I could get away with leaving it I suppose. I was thinking if two wheels have slightly different dishing, the only real way to adjust these is to rotate the brake, easy on the front at least.
Quote Reply
Re: Old Cervelo with Magura TT - rear mounting [cambridge_dixie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you try contacting Magura to see if there's an option for you to make this easier......
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Easy: use an "old fashioned" hex head bolt and an open end wrench.

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Re: Old Cervelo with Magura TT - rear mounting [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This. New p3 gives you option of both 4mm Allen key and normal he head for this reason.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
damon_rinard wrote:
Easy: use an "old fashioned" hex head bolt and an open end wrench.

Genius

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Of course! Many thanks
Quote Reply