Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Old CLX 40s vs New Flo or HED Wheels
Quote | Reply
Looking to upgrade the RS11 wheelset that came stock on my TM02. Buddy is willing to sell me his set of Roval Rapide CLX 40s for about the same price as a set of FLO 40 or 60s.

Was wondering if anyone had a comparison between the two or a set of Jet 6+s?
Quote Reply
Re: Old CLX 40s vs New Flo or HED Wheels [HokiePhD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Marginal differemce in performance most likely. Get the ones you think look coolest and make you want to ride your bike more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This video is worth watching. Bike radar tested wheels in the wind tunnel and there are some huge differences. They used the Michelin Pro 25, which is a decent tire, but not one most companies would design a wheel around. I wouldn't expect the CLX to work well with a wide tire because it's design kinda pre-dates tires > 23mm. BikeRadar pretty much thought the Roval wheels had few redeeming qualities, but the HEDs seemed to do quite well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Given that you can get either the Jet5+ or the Jet6+ for less than $1000, they're a no brainer. And I've got Flos, Reynolds, and ENVEs that I love.
Quote Reply
Re: Old CLX 40s vs New Flo or HED Wheels [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where can you get them under $1000?!?
Quote Reply
Re: Old CLX 40s vs New Flo or HED Wheels [toastygloveman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dozens of shops. My Bike Shop has them for $950. There if you google, you will find a few at $800. Personally, I would contact MBS and shop from them.
Quote Reply
Re: Old CLX 40s vs New Flo or HED Wheels [toastygloveman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
toastygloveman wrote:
Where can you get them under $1000?!?

Clincher version $999 (aluminum brake track)

https://www.competitivecyclist.com/...wheelset?ti=OjoxOjE6

Or disc brake version $899

https://www.competitivecyclist.com/...OjM6Y2NDYXQxMDA0NjM=
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HED Jet6+. Can be had for around $900 USD. I ordered some and finally got to ride them yesterday. Wide internals let me use a conti GP4000SII 25mm tire and it measures closer to 28mm @ 85 psi. Felt comfortable and fast. Rode in 17-18 mph crosswinds and had zero issues. I also own a set of FLO 30's, Flo 90CC front, and a Flo disc. I like them, but I was really impressed with the HED.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One aspect i appreciate about HED wheels is the build quality, i have been road racing on a pair of HED stingers for two years and they are still perfectly true. The hubs are working exceptionally well and i can easily service them if needed. As others mentioned my bike shop tends to have the best prices.
Quote Reply