Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl,

The link to the 2014 SC assembly manual seems to be down. Do you know if there is a copy online anywhere? I had it bookmarked and just google searched, but came up dry.

A while back, the front seat clamp bolt sheered and snapped in the middle of the night. After replacing it, several months later, the rear bolt did the same thing. The front bolt was torqued to spec. Is there a method for how the front and rear bolts should be adjusted together? It would seem like torquing down the front bolt while not touching the rear would just add stress to the threads on the rear bolt, but if you adjust the rear at the same time, you are just going to end up with a more downward angle on the seat.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [adc13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [adc13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear about the saddle clamp bolts. Have you or your Trek dealer reported it back through the customer service or warranty channels?

Hat tip to stevej for the manual link.

My method for setting up saddle angle is to use the dial to set the desired angle while pushing down on the point of the saddle opposite the dial. ..then tighten the other bolt.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl,

Only trek dealer on Oahu wouldn't know what to do with a speed concept. We have a shop in VA that was able to take care of the warranty and ship it out to us.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [tobythetuba] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tobythetuba wrote:
Carl, Happy New Year and Happy Holidays! what is the maximum tire width it would fit on the SC, 25mm, 28mm?

I've raced 25mm on Zipp 808 Firecrest front and rear and they fit perfectly. Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl-
Just ordered a replacement 2016 SC 9 frame to replace the one I stupidly broke. I have a question about the paintjob since I can't see one in person (and it appears few have at this point since they're all being made) Is the black on the Black Fade a matte black main body / gloss black front of fork & top tube? And are the red highlights visible inside the forks and inside chain stays present anywhere else? The two shots on the website don't really offer views of other angles. I'm curious if there is any color or other paint details in areas such as the flat Kamm sections on the downtube, seat stays, etc as in previous years or if the bike is nearly all black.

Also- my dealer was unsure if he can specify which stem & aero bars are included with the frame, or if they're all sold with the mid-far stem and long ergo bars. I have my old ones which can fit, but was thinking of getting a different aero bar (going to short ergo from long ergo).

Any insights are appreciated! Thx
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [heliskyr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Happy New Year heliskyr!

Here's what I heard back from the paint-meister:

The only red is on the inside of the chain stay and fork. The OCLV and name Speed Concept is in Charcoal.
  • The front of the fork is a masked black gloss.
  • The back of the fork is a Dniester black gloss.
  • The top tube is a masked black gloss fading to a matte black.
  • The body of the bike is a Dniester black (which is like 90% black). Entire frame has a gloss to matte finish with the gloss at the front.

On the spec parts, stock 9-series framesets all come with the long ergo, and all sizes except Small get the medium-far stem...Small gets the medium-near. Project One is the direct-from-Trek customization route.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all of the info Carl!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [BeeDub] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl,

Is the New SC 9 seat post clamp compatible with Fizik Tritone oversize carbon rail?
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [G5Performance] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the 9-series carbon post should have no issues with the 7x9mm dimensions of the oversize Tritone rails. it clamps from top and bottom, not from the sides.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ANyone had any issues with the 2 bolts that hold the top cradle on breaking? Was starting a trainer session today and went to lay on the bars and rear bolt snapped off in the tbolt. Frustrating that a bolt kit is like $65 to replace this bolt and T-nut. Could probably get the bolt out of the T-Nut but was curious if I should be looking for better quality hardware. FYI I havent touched these since I got the bike and it's actually a 2015 model.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [blazinb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear that.

Have you reported it to your dealer so they can investigate and maybe get it into the warranty reporting process?

Those are custom bolts, so I'm not sure where you'd be able to find replacements other than your dealer.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl,
2014 7.5 owner. I got it in December of 14 and love the bike. The shop I bought it from has since been sold. I have noticed that my front end loves to go in a straight line, and when I am off the bike and move the bars from left to right (picture shaking your head) it feels as if it falls into a groove and doesn't want to turn smoothly. It kinda "bumps" out to finish the movement from center facing to facing the left or right. I hope this makes sense. I am a bit nervous about this since I have seen a few issues with the 2bolts.
I hope to take it in , but does this sound like a cabling issue? I have not touched the cables sjnce purchasing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl - I've got last year's SC7.5 and love it. I'm considering moving the gruppo on it over to my ageing road bike and putting Force 1 on the SC. Can the front derailleur mount be completely removed? I can see two rivets but not if there's epoxy under the bracket or not. Thanks for any info.

Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like a case of indexed steering:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...post=5086881#5086881

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [mongooseman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's 3 rivets that would need to be drilled out, and there's epoxy under there...removal is not advised, sorry.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah well - thanks anyway :)

Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [mongooseman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl,

Not sure if anyone ask you these questions before... What is the exact chain stay clearance, with the new Bluetooth speed/cadence sensor? It's because I have a zipp 1080 rear 27.5 wide and sub-9 27.5 wide. Will they fit on the 2016 frame?
Last edited by: G5Performance: Jan 7, 16 10:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if you're not rubbing the Duotrap sensor pocket with those wheels right now then you shouldn't rub with the duotrap installed either. should end up with about 3.5mm of clearance to the grommet and 5.5mm to the duotrap itself.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ordered the bike during Xmas, still on the waiting period. I wanted to make sure those zipp wheels will fit the 2016 SC. So, no one will asked the same question again

Carl wrote:
if you're not rubbing the Duotrap sensor pocket with those wheels right now then you shouldn't rub with the duotrap installed either. should end up with about 3.5mm of clearance to the grommet and 5.5mm to the duotrap itself.
Last edited by: G5Performance: Jan 7, 16 10:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have no idea what the 2026 SC will be compatible with ;-)

on the 2016 you should be OK.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haha iPad typo
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know where I can get the following Speed Concept 1 seat post?

I'm looking for the long 335mm post with +/-10mm offset part number: 421512 I only need the post not the head.

My local Trek dealer says they are no longer available.

Thanks,
Chris
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Chrislilp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The post by itself is not available separately, except possibly as part of a warranty claim. The current PN for a 335mm post & head (which is the 35mm offset head) is 419096.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
'd like to replace the hardware on my Trek Speed Concept's Clip-on Aero Bars. They have become rusted from my time on the rig.

Anyone know the size of hardware required? Yes I could just pull one to see/compare at the hardware store, but I was hoping I could pick them up on my way home and I'm away from my bike currently.
Quote Reply

Prev Next