Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [brynjulf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
brynjulf wrote:
I recieved mine yesterday. My god, that thing is huge...
But if it saves me 50 grams of drag like advertised, I will use it.

IMO it looks like the single biggest mistake one could make to a clean SC from an aestethic perspective.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello Carl,
Is it possible to fit the uci legal base bar and/or forks to a 7 series gen 2 speed concept?
Cheers, Jeremy
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Mr.Bump] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes. ordering the UCI fork may require a little extra work on the part of your dealer and their Trek rep, but the bar is in the dealer ordering system ready to go.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Bryan0721] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree.
But 5 watts is 5 watts. Have a 70.3 on Sunday. Will not need the storage space for that race, but still plan on using it.
But feel kind of shameful, fore some reason.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Bryan0721] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would really like to see some independent testing to see if the trek results hold for others. I just cant fathom it helps as much as they claim based upon other people's numerous tests with bottle placement
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In the interest of science, can you post youtube video of you trying a flying mount with that for the first time?

You might consider wearing an athletic cup first though...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Carl
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
brynjulf wrote:
I recieved mine yesterday.
The UK retailer I ordered mine with many months ago is saying end of August for delivery :(

How does it feel it will hold up in terms of a) bottle retention - I can't see much engaging into the bottle groove in your pictures? b) not snapping off at the saddle mount when loaded up with 2 x 750ml bottles, a toolkit, and hitting holes in the road?

Personally I'll be delighted if it merely doesn't add any drag while letting me carry 1.5l of water and a puncture repair kit for 100 mile TTs, without bottle ejections and without breaking.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Carl, is there a trick to getting the duo trap sensor to work with a Zipp 808? The magnet is too far away from the sensor arm to work consistently, or is it just a matter of sticking with gps only.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [uksoxfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stronger magnet (rare earth)?

move magnet closer by stacking it on a spacer of some sort?

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl! By any chance would the rear bottle holder have the same dragv reducing effect on a different bike? Like the 1st Gen SC for example. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [aahydraa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure there's anything particularly special about the new SC that means that this suddenly works. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [zamm0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha I'd think so too, but with a few skeptics here on ST wondering about any confirmatory tests on the watt savings, I just wanted to check if there was some rear SC draftbox/ rear hydration pack interfacing that might not be duplicatable with other frames. The P5 and Dimond come to mind for this add-on, not having a lot of OEM hydration and storage space.
Besides, Carl has always been very open about Trek/Bontrager data. More info wouldn't hurt. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I guess so....and we all know how much we all like info. Lots of it. ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got almost the same answer with Manny aboard a P5...so yes, the benefits are portable.

And to answer zachboring's question, yes, rider position plays a part in how much of a benefit you get. We tested with the 2-pack located another 10cm behind where it was in the white paper data as well as with Manny's upper body in a couple different positions. In the worst case the 50g advantage disappeared but even an aero-neutral result was a win.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks so much Carl! Really hoping it reaches distributors soon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On the new 7.0, I assume it has the stem adapter to utilize standard stems. Can you replace that with a stem that is on a 7.5 or 9.9?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [beavertriathlon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [uksoxfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
uksoxfan,

I'm not sure if your Duotrap works normally with wheels other than the 808 but in addition to Carl's suggestions of a stronger (rare earth) magnet or spacer (or stacking magnets) consider the Duotrap itself. The one supplied with my SC required a much larger/stronger magnet to be placed much closer to the pickup than the Duotrap on my Madone. My LBS replaced the SC Duotrap and the replacement works with the same magnet and spacing as the one on my Madone.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Quattroporte] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. It worked fine with the standard Bontrager wheels, I guess I will try different magnets or just go with GPS- no big deal.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl,

I went to two different trek dealership store. They told me that I'd fit in medium and other one said I'd fit in large. Apparently like I'm able to fit in medium and large. So I decided went to other shop to take arm pad reach and arm pad stack measurement, here my measure is arm pad stack is 660, arm pad reach is 440. So which size is fit me ?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Dan7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
based only on those 2 numbers, the Large (with medium-near stem and 25mm monospacer) would put you more in the middle of the overall pad range for any given size. your saddle height might help narrow it down a little more.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My saddle height is 75.5 cm. Hope it will help.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Dan7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not a lot I'm afraid...at 75.5cm you wouldn't be out of place on either size.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Want to clear up with this. This is meant that I could ride medium or large ?

Thanks
Quote Reply

Prev Next