Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [shelgemo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the monospacers are only available through Trek dealers. it's possible a professional fitter might buy them that way to have on hand if they expect a lot of Trek clients. otherwise, I imagine a fitter would be able to determine your needs via some other mechanism (fit bike, size cycle, etc), consult our fit chart, and let yo uknow which monospacer(s) to buy from your Trek dealer.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl,
I need to replace my SC 7.5 2014 derailer hanger and possibly the bolts. Can I order the bolts w318604 on the Internet or are they just dealer supplied? The hanger is part w315464 which I've found ok. I've also come across the same hanger in blue, is this an official trek part? The bike is blue and the factory fitted hanger is painted to match the frame so could work well but I don't want to fit a dodgy hanger!
Thanks for your help
Phil
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [philipeaves] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Phil

If you can find a Trek dealer who offers those bolts on the web then yes you can buy them that way...though you nay have to visit the shop to pick them up either way. Not all internet purchases of Trek parts are direct-ship to consumers.

That hanger comes in several colors...black, blue, green, red, and orange, each with a unique part # and normally a Trek RD hanger has the part # stamped into it somewhere. None of that guarantees you haven't found a counterfeit...other than buying it from a Trek dealer.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi slowtwitcher's,
I have a Trek Speed Concept 7.8 2012, I'm looking to replace the bottom bracket as it's starting to creak but I can't figure out which products I need to buy.

I have standard/stock crankset (SRAM Force) setup, I've looked through the product manual: http://www.trekbikes.com/...t_Service_Manual.pdf (page 18)

Would the following be the right products to get?....and thanks for any help on this.

Regards,
Rob
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [rob_hawthorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you need the GXP BB86 BB

the BB90 bearing tool set and bearing cup press will let you remove the existing BB and install the new one...no need for the headset press...and grease is always a good thing for BB bearing installs.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fantastic thanks very much for the help Carl

Carl wrote:
you need the GXP BB86 BB

the BB90 bearing tool set and bearing cup press will let you remove the existing BB and install the new one...no need for the headset press...and grease is always a good thing for BB bearing installs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a first gen Speed Concept 7. Wondering if it is possible to remove the front derailleur hanger - it appears to be riveted on.

Please let me know if there is any way to take it off for a 1x setup or if it is permanent attached. I have an older Madone that was attached with a couple of bolts and was easy to remove.

Thank you!

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [kjmcawesome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
riveted and epoxied on...intended to be permanent

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sorry to be a pain, but does the medium come with the ergo short or long? thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [zachboring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
long

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gracias amigo
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [zachboring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
de nada

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Merci. I was thinking about drilling out the rivets, but maybe I'll just not do that...

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl (or anyone else who may know the answer),

On the pad wing, is it possible to mount this 'upside down' in order to lift the pads up a little and increase the stack (up to arm pad height anyway)? I ask as my back been troublesome lately and wanted to see if the increased height at the front will help before going down the whole route of fitting a new mono spacer and re-cabling. I had a quick look last night and I suspect the answer is going to be a no.

Regards,
Chris.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Saladkid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hi Chris-

As you suspect, the pad wing profile in the center where it meets the mono is only intended for "right-side-up" mounting.

If you suspect you might go through a few different monospacer combinations on the way to finding your happy place, you could simply leave the housing outside the extensions after the first change...that way swapping out monospacers becomes really quick.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Carl - great idea on leaving the housing outside for now. Appreciate the very fast response.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl-
I have 2014 SC9 that currently is a mechanical drivetrain. What Trek/Bontrager parts are needed to make the conversion to Di2? Where does the battery and junction box go?
Thanks, Andrew.

Twitter: @blues2play
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ajessup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
internal battery hangs under the seatpost with bracket #w332400...should be the only non-Shimano part you need to buy.

junction box is ziptied to the top of the stem cover, after you punch out holes in the designated thin spots (look inside the cover for a "Di2 holes" note and you'll see four thin spots as well as a rectangular section near the leading edge of the stem cover which is cut out for Di2 wire routing).

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Bontrager SC aero bottle cage [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl, I've just purchased the carbon bottle cage with integrated computer mount for my current year SC7.5. I cannot seem to find any photos of it fitted with a Garmin mounted, or how best to put it together. Can you point me to any instructions on how best to out it together? Thanks for any help with what must seem a very dumb question.

Dave

----------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl,
Is the Speed Box 2 - the rubber/plastic one - discontinued? Cant see it on the bontrager website anymore but still for sale on various online stores. If so, why?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Bontrager SC aero bottle cage [davecochrane] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Dave

depending on what length bands you have and how tightly you want to hold the Garmin on, you can either strap them directly around the little hump molded into the cage, or throw that extra plastic detail in there to take up more of the slack.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Dommac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not discontinued, to my knowledge. it's part # 436152 and it is in stock in two of the three domestic warehouses.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl,
Thanks for all the good information. Any thoughts on how and where to mount a SRM power control unit on the aerobars of a 7.5 SC? I have the water bottle cage mounted on those bars.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [tri686] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a good question that I don't really have an answer for, other than to search the forum on SC SRM and try contacting the other SC drivers who have that system (there are quite a few).

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Bontrager SC aero bottle cage [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which setup is that?
Quote Reply

Prev Next