Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [adc13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Andy

if you're using the tilt cradle then the set screw does set the forward limit of adjustment. You can run the mono without the tilt cradle and get that little bit of extra forward adjustment if you only run a level extension but you may give up some stability that way (depending on how hard you pull on th e extensions while riding).

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl,
Very excited to be getting a 2014 7.5. I have the between the arms bontrager holder on order but for the second bottle do you have any data on the best aero bottle and position (down tube, behind the seat etc..)?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [uksoxfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Behind the seat, as high and close to you as possible.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have it yet but how does that work with the draft box. Just zip tie a cage behind the seat?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [uksoxfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm thinking more like one of the behind the saddle setups that runs one or two cages up high behind you.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl,

Thanks for the quick response. should the non tilt cradle have come as an extra piece, or do i have to order it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the tilt cradle is the part which has the setscrew in it. you simply leave it out of the assembly to get a 4-5mm more reach to the shifters. doing so will also reduce your pad stack by 3-4mm.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Speed Concept owners- I have a 2011 9.9 that I purchased used a few years back. I'm 6'4 and had a very aggressive fit that I loved but now am starting to ride longer and want something a bit more comfortable to stay aero as long as possible. I need a few parts that I was hoping one of you could spare or sell me (or recommend where/what kind of screws I can buy).

1x 75mm Screw
4x 60mm Screw
1x 10mm Spacer

If you ride a smaller bike or are big and flexible and don't need risers your help would be greatly appreciated.

'The best pace is suicide pace and today is a good day to die.'
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ChiTri88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was recently hit by a car while riding my SC 7.5 and it suffered significant cosmetic damage and well as a chip in the frame and gouge in the wheel. I've taken it to a local Trek dealer as requested by the insurance adjuster and they claim the bike is repairable. I'm curious if this crash will void the warranty on the bike or the wheels, from what I've read there's no way to be certain the carbon fiber hasn't been damaged. Any info would be greatly appreciated given I just spent a small fortune for this bike that's now potentially unsafe.

Chad
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [chadheady] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you'll find the answers here, particularly the last couple of sections:

http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/support/warranty/

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is the mono spacer necessary or can I setup the mono extension without it?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ironmancam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
have to have one of the monospacers in there...no way to direct-mount the mono to the bar.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there anywhere I can purchase a replacement fork for a 2011 Speed Concept 9 series? Also, are they different sizes for each frame size or all the same length?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Z28Diddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes...but they are unique to each size and your Trek dealer may need to contact their Trek rep to order one in case your size is not currently in warranty stock. your dealer can look for stock levels in their ordering system (aka Dexter) under accessories->forks->rigid 700c->speed concept (gen 1) 9-series.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great, thank you! Any idea what one of those costs? Was too late to get to my bike shop tonight. Trying to figure out how mad my wife is going to be.... :(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
can't quote dealer prices, sorry.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No worries. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I put this on another thread, but wanted to be sure I got an answer-

Carl,

Does the 2014 SC 7.5 come with a selection of stems (like my 9.9) or do the different sizes need to be ordered? We bought a 7.5 for my wife from the LBS last year and she was "fit" by the store. I didn't pay much attention to what else was given to her (I wasn't at fitting); she is going to be fit again and I looked for stems and couldn't find any with the bike stuff. The store is saying it only came with one stem which doesn't make any sense to me. It was a new bike, not a demo or in any way used. They said they would call Trek Tuesday, but the manager said that his info only indicates a single stem size provided with bike. How would you fit it to the range of people who ride a small? My brother recently bought a 7.5 from a different dealer and got a range of stems like me with my 9.9.

thanks,

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [shelgemo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FWIW my '14 only came with one stem.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [shelgemo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Steve-

All 2014+ SCs come with only one stem (the part between the fork and the bar). The 7.5 comes with only one monospacer (the part between the bar and the extension), whereas the 9-series and Project 1 bikes come with the full set of monospacers.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks Carl!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't seem to find the post I remember detailing the lowest monosoacer settings. Is the monosoacer required? And 15 is the shortest, correct? Also, I seem to recall that the tilt adjust adds like 5mm of stack but can be removed. Is my memory serving me correctly?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [zachboring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Zach

Have to use a monospacer and 15mm is the shortest. The tilt adjust can be omitted for a few mm of downward range...but the tilt adjust detail also includes a mono stabilization feature so you may feel some rocking depending on how hard you pull on your extensions.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perfect! That's what I figured, just wanted to confirm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
follow up- how does the bike fitter adjust stack height on new bike fit if only one mono spacer is supplied (esp if not trek dealer)? or do most bike fitters keep these on hand?
Quote Reply

Prev Next