Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [chadheady] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No worries, Chad.

You might be able to find bolts with the same threading (M6) and head style (flat head, aka countersunk or CSK), but I don't know if you'd find them offered in the same lengths as the OE bolts (20mm and 30mm). Maybe more to the point, the bike is warranted as-sold...so non-spec/non-OE parts would put you in a dicey position if you wanted to make a related claim later. Those bolts are included in parts kit 437027 from your Trek dealer.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Runless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did set the tool to 8nm which is the max, just ordered some PB bits and will look to see if I can find that bolt in stainless, seems to be lower quality than other bolts on the bike.

Chad
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [chadheady] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Spec on those is grade 12.9...stainless alloys are considerably lower strength than that...

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the feed back, I'll get the parts kit 437027 you suggested.

Chad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl, how do u fit the 7.2nm Seatpost wedge and what does the bolt tighten into, I don't see a thread in the wedge?
I am no doubt confused and this has been considered before!
I have trek sc 7.5 2013.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [TurnerJu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it goes into the frame here...

and the threaded portion is a barrel nut like this...

which you can see as the round detail on the side of these two wedges...

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah, I've lost the barrel nut. All is now clear!
Is that a part available to buy or will I need to get a new wedge?
Thanks for your help, greatly appreciated.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [TurnerJu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it's not sold separately. you might be able to find a Trek dealer who has one of the older versions of the wedge left over from a warranty exchange (though as time goes by this is increasingly unlikely), and could scavenge the barrel nut from that. otherwise, the wedge PN is W311236.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl,

Just today i found out that my LBS has overtigtened the seatpost clamp on my SC 7.2 (they claimed that they used torque wrench to tighten the bolt) causing my seat post to be slightly deformed due to the pinching from the clamp. Do i have to replace the seatpost?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [gedeman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A damaged post will slip in the frame no matter how much you tighten the wedge. ..if this is happening then the post needs to be replaced. Most people will get adequate clamping of the post around 4-5Nm...suggest starting there vs going right to the max.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Carl,

I've been swapping out my carbon brake pads for my disc wheel when I race, and recently stripped the little jimmy that holds the brake pad in the shoe. Now I'm stuck with my carbon brake pad in there and cant swap out for my training wheel. Are those bontrager aero brake shoes sold anywhere (rear wheel). I can't find them online. Thanks in advance!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [triCVNP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
part# 422482 from your Trek dealer

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl.
I bought a medium speed concept 7.5 2014 back in July and have been having problems with saddle collapsing whilst on the bike. It only started after a retul bike fit back in October after they reversed the Carbon post so the angle tilt dial was at the back. First time round the thread on the barrel for the angle tilt bolt sheared. The second time round ( 2 weeks later) after buying the 437030 kit the same angle tilt bolt snapped. I`m only 154lbs and everything tightened within spec (5-7nm). I have just received a full new post from Trek UK, but this time have put the post back with the tilt dial to the front as I`m scared the same thing happens again, only problem is now I`m further away from the front.
Anyway. Can you confirm if the older Trek TTX seat post with traditional saddle clamp would fit the SC 2014, according to Tririg, it does. Any info would be great.

Thanks.
George
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Gshanley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes, same post profile. it's also basically the same post used for the 2014 7.0, so it's easy to order (rather than trying to source a TTX-era post). w327671 for the long version (closest to what you have right now), w327450 for the short (will handle BB to rail measurements up to ~712mm

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's fantastic Carl.
Thanks very much for getting back so quick.
George
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Gshanley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl,
Quick question in regards to SC Gen2 9.9.
How come Trek made the Arm Rest Bar (the bar that holds the arm pads to the monostay) out of aluminum instead of having it made from carbon fiber? That would totally reduce the weight up front.

Thanks for all your speedy responses!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [rlem7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Because aluminum gave us the best combination of cost & performance.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just bought a Speed Concept 2011 Series 9 frame. However it is missing the integrated brakes. Does anyone know where I can get a set?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [tribaby100] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your Trek dealer can order everything you need...I'm guessing you don't have the covers either? So, front and rear brakes, front and rear brake covers, front brake wedge, and all the brake cover mounting bolts front and rear. All of this is in their ordering system (aka Dexter) under a couple different Speed Concept Brakes (Gen 1) subheaders.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reply. I am from Australia and the Australian supplier is saying that they don't have it and won't get it in. Is it something that I can order online from a Trek US dealer? Who would I be able to contact?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd suggest you first try contacting our Australia customer support team. Click on the customer service & feedback link on this page.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You could try the NZ distributor (CycleSports) in Whanganui . . . very helpful.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl:

Need a 100/45 stem for a 2012. Part number 420565. Seems like it's only in the uk for some reason online. Any help finding this stem?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [mikiefaith] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi mikie

Can't quite tell if you're in the UK and having trouble getting one there...or in the US and only seeing it online in the UK. Either way, I don't have any visibility into warehouse levels outside of the US, and no way to check dealer stock anywhere. That stem is in stock at all three domestic warehouses, so any US-based Trek dealer could order it for you. If you're asking about UK availability, your best bet is to shoot a note to the guys at our UK customer feedback page.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl:

I'm in the USA. Thanks for the reply. Is there a direct number for trek or I have to go to retailer? Our local trek shop isn't very friendly and makes you come in to place an order and come in to pick up the part. Being 20+ miles away one way is a hassle.
Quote Reply

Prev Next