Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [tessartype] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks tessartype, you have me doubting my inseam now lol but in road now to get checked, so can't answer question about stems if it was a question that is, wokld be xl just worried still too small xl
thanks again
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Carl, i should have said that they were the effective horizontal top tube measurements ( I think) but take your point, they've offered to get me in an xl to try, didn't want to waste the time waiting on it. But if you think it's not pointless and there's a good chance xl can be made fit i will gladly give it a try looks a savage bike
Thanks again
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [fmcivor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No worries. "Effective" just means there's a virtual point in space they're using for one end of the measurement rather than an easily identified hardpoint on the frame. One more carryover of old-school sizing practices.

I think the XL is the most likely SC size for you when all is said and done. Of course, with a set of fit coordinates we could run through the fit chart and narrow it down even more. Something you could do while you wait ;-)

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, so embarrassing newbie question , how do I get a set of fit co ordinates ? Do I go for a sizing n ask them , or how do I get it? Cheers again
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [fmcivor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The proper way would be to schedule a fit session with your LBS (assuming they do fits). If they don't there's a database on this site which you can search for recommended fitters in your area. What you should come away with is a set of #s which can either be used directly (plug & chug in a properly constructed fit chart or online widget) or manipulated to give the right inputs for something like the SC fit chart. At a minimum (for the SC chart), you need to know where your armpads are located relative to the BB and your saddle height. Basebar location relative to BB is a handy thing too, but not critical.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl wrote:
Clear nail polish, or clear acrylic model paint (e g. Testors).

Do you simply polish/paint over the chip and let it dry? This is to protect the carbon? What if the chip has been there for awhile? ty
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [gregor7777] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the carbon doesn't need that sort of protection, per se, but you might reduce the chances of something catching the edge of the chipped paint and knocking off even more (paint) with the clearcoat. just dab some on and let it dry and go ride.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl wrote:
the carbon doesn't need that sort of protection, per se, but you might reduce the chances of something catching the edge of the chipped paint and knocking off even more (paint) with the clearcoat. just dab some on and let it dry and go ride.

I see, thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl,
Any documents/paperwork on removing brake pads on a 2012 9 Series Speed Concept? What size Allen key do I use? I've got new wheels coming and can't remove these pads!
Please advise.
Thanks,
Eric
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Siebs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Eric

You're looking for a small silver retaining pin near the back end of the pad holder. Takes a 1.5 mm hex wrench.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What are people using as a travel case for the Version 2 with with the speed fin? It won't work with any of my current cases unless I unscrew the cover every time I pack the bike. I though it might work with the Scicon Aerocomfort.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [vikingmd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure which version I have (it's a size M 2012 Speed Concept 9 Series) but I travel with a Bike Box Alan hard case and it fits beautifully.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
n=1, but my travel breakdown is extensive enough (in the name of reducing risk to race-critical things like derailleur hangers, for example) that three more bolts to get the fin out of harm's way seems like a small price to pay. YMMV.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If the speed fin is the only reason you can't use any of your current boxes, just take the thing off. It's 3 stinkin' screws. That can't possibly take more than a minute or two to deal with.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I should have been more thorough in my comment. It is isn't only about those 3 bolts. I currently take off the wheels, seat, derailleur, chain, stem cover, front brake cover, base bar, and then wrap the entire bike in Albopads. I package all of the removed parts in individual zip locks. While my bike has arrived safely and securely other than minor bumps, I am a little fatigued of dismantling a large part of the bike to get it to fit into a case.

Is there a case which people have found fits the new Speed Concept well, is protective and doesn't require me to dismantle practically the entire bike?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [peak2peak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you ever get an answer on when the 2-pack will be available for purchase? I want to check it out too...

Amy
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [amylynn829] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this update is still valid

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Post deleted by steelerguy [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: steelerguy: Apr 7, 14 20:29
Quote | Reply

Hulk n baby hulk ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl, I am not sure if I missed something, but when you try to go the Speed Concept 7 OR 9 series Project 1 for customization, it directs you to the Madone Project 1. Is this a glitch or is there something else going on?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Tri_Geek_40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glitch. What path are you taking to try and get there? I got to both models P1 pages without issue when I started from their respective locations on the main trekbikes.com site.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Strange. I'm on a Mac, but I go to trek.com, bikes, triathlon, SC 9 or SC 7, then scroll all the way down to where it's shows the models, select the "customize" model for either one and when P1 opens, a Madone model shows up.
Last edited by: Tri_Geek_40-44: Apr 15, 14 6:01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Odd. Worked fine on my home PC this morning, but my work rig (also PC) is sending me the same place as you. Also happens when I try routing through the custom bikes link on the main page too. Thx for the heads-up...I'll alert the web squad.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're welcome. Have a great day, Carl.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mini-update...it's not solved...it's also not universal...works for some, not for others, and browser doesn't necessarily make a difference.

in the meantime, we did discover a workaround: if you're being directed to the Madone 7-series page on P1 regardless of what model you really were trying to view, simply click on the Madone model name and you'll get a dropdown list of all P1 models...those links seem to work fine.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply

Prev Next