Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official PowerTap Thread [Burnt Toast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Burnt Toast,

The electronics cap is relatively sealed to the outside environment but if water is introduced to the battery terminal or connection between the cap and hub giving it some time to dry is a good idea. There is a thin red ring seal that fits around the PowerCap and does a really good job of keeping out water. The ring comes coated with a light grease that serves to further improve the sealing ability. If your ring seal is dry reapply some grease after letting the hub dry a little and you should be good to go.

Power on!

PowerTap Product Manager
Quote Reply
Re: Official PowerTap Thread [ges426] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ges426,

Make sure you are on the latest version of PowerAgent by going to EDIT > PREFERENCES > CHECK NOW

The update process will update your drivers as well.

If you are on a Mac make sure your Java is up to date.

Thanks

PowerTap Product Manager
Quote Reply
Re: Official PowerTap Thread [C W] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
C W,

You are definitely not screwed. The number you are seeing is the offset number. I would update to the latest version of firmware via PowerAgent. The new firmware version has some additional intelligence surrounding the manual zero and application of offset.

If you need some help with the update process here is a link.

PowerTap Product Manager
Quote Reply
Re: Adjusting P1 release tension [kokketiel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kokketiel-

Congrats on your new power meter purchase.

Please make sure you are turning the tension screw the correct way as indicated on the + and - and arrows on the perimeter of the claw. Clockwise lowers the release tension, which may be counter intuitive as that usually tightens hardware.

The window on the back of the pedal claw should indicate where you are in the range of tension.

Thanks,

PowerTap Product Manager
Quote Reply
Re: Official PowerTap Thread [jesse@bontrager] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Disappointed to be retuning my C1. I made the 130 BCD v 110 BCD mistake and couldn't justify replacing my RED crankset to accommodate it. Looks like I'll go powerless a little while longer.

"If everything seems in control, you aren't going fast enough" -- Mario Andretti
Quote Reply
Re: Official PowerTap Thread [PowerTapPM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi PowerTap PM!

I've read on DCR that there is a firmware update version 30.024 for the P1 pedals. I have version 30.023. However, the iPhone PowerTap app tells me I'm up-to-date when I check the version. I've also read on that same DCR review that it is a known bug that it doesn't recognize there is a firmware update.

Can you let me know how I can go about getting the firmware update?

Thank you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good morning. i have POWERTAP P1 which has been working perfectly indoors w/computrainer. This week my P1 stopped working. Changed batteries but still no red light. spun pedals 4 times on each side-still nothing. checked battery place-all good. What should i do next? Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official PowerTap Thread [moneyball] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Moneyball- Can you please confirm that you are logged in to the app with your username and password when trying to update? Thanks

PowerTap Product Manager
Quote Reply
Re: Official PowerTap Thread [frenchfried] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
frenchfried- you would actually be looking for a green light. Spin them several times continuously just to relieve all doubt that you woke them up. If you get nothing check the battery compartment for anything that may be causing an issue with the battery connection as well as the correct direction of the battery in the compartment and the spring inside the battery cover. It seems like a mindless task but you'd be surprised by how often the simplest solution is usually the correct one- all due respect to your intelligence.

If you are still getting no response from either pedal something is definitely awry. If you find yourself in this situation please reach out to our customer service dept to work through next steps.

PowerTap Product Manager
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi, thanks for responding. I just double checked and yes I'm logged in. It still says I'm up to date despite having the older version of software.

PowerTapPM wrote:
Moneyball- Can you please confirm that you are logged in to the app with your username and password when trying to update? Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official PowerTap Thread [moneyball] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok - can you please PM me your Apple ID (email) and a rough estimate of the time you checked? I need to cross-check that against the hits to our server.

Are you on a wifi connection or cellular data?

PowerTap Product Manager
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks for taking the time-i'll call cust service
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good morning-Powertap P1 now working great however while researching the manual i saw in the mobile app that one should enter the crank length. I ride very short cranks so this is probably worthwhile. Where do I find that app? If it is any help, I only have android systems. Thanks again for any help
Quote Reply
Re: Official PowerTap Thread [frenchfried] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
frenchfried - you can set the crank length 2 ways: with your ANT+ display unit or with the PowerTap mobile app. Unfortunately, we only have an iOS application for PowerTap Mobile but it operates on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch in case you have any of those.

Thanks

PowerTap Product Manager
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi PowertapPM

Could you or somebody else let me know if a yellow cervo / little yellow computer wireless 2.4 version works with the wired version harness?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official PowerTap Thread [Chan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, the cradle is the same between wired and wireless units as the data isnt transferred wirelessly for either. Cheers!

PowerTap Product Manager
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry I meant on the bike. Not the cradle to transfer data after the workout.

As in the ability to use a LYC wireless 2.4 with a wired powertap setup on the bike.

Thanks again
Quote Reply
Re: Official PowerTap Thread [Chan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, that works as well. The wired bike mount just holds the wireless head unit on the handlebar. The wires can be removed in that use case.

PowerTap Product Manager
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not so much a reply to the post, but seemed more sensible to post here than start a whole new thread.

As a heads up the advice sheet as to what doesn't and doesn't fit the Powertap C1 is misleading... Sram Red GXP (old version) is stated as "assumed" to fit.

It doesn't.

Or at least it doesn't with my 165 carbon cranks anyway.

I've calmed down a little now, but that was a seriously irritating (as well as time/postage costs etc wasting)

It's a shame as the C1 hits a price point/functionality that nothing else fits quite so well.
Quote Reply
Re: Official PowerTap Thread [SmallAngryMan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why doesn't it fit? Does something hit?
Quote Reply
Re: Official PowerTap Thread [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, you need about 1mm more clearance between the centre of the chainring and the carbon back of the spider. I queried adding a washer but powertap said any kind of contact like that was a no no.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm hoping to get clarification. I did speak with someone at PT yesterday and want to confirm. When I first received my P1 pedals the calibration offset number was always around 3 to 4. I raced outside two weekends ago and since then the number has been steadily going up. This morning it was 26. The tech on the phone said that the pedals are spec'd up to 100. Is this actually true and/or should I be concerned that the number is slowly rising over time? Thanks for your time.

Team Zoot
2019 Sponsors: Canyon Bikes, Garmin, Smith Optics, Gatorade, Zealios Skin Care & Sun Protection, Speedfill Products, Base Performance, Ottolock, Theragun, Boco Gear, ORR Carbon Wheel Systems, Giddy Up Multisport
Last edited by: rsmoylan: May 27, 16 5:51
Quote Reply
Re: Official PowerTap Thread [jesse@bontrager] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So my G3 hub seems to have an issue. My average power for a two hour ride this morning was 544w. I consider myself to be a good cyclist, but that may be stretching it JUST a bit.

Hub worked fine last time out. I was using my Garmin 510, when I got home I tried it with my 920xt.

I also switched the wheel to another bike just to be sure there wasn't some weird anomaly. Same thing.

I run two sets of wheels, shallow and deep, but with G3s. Am I going to have to bust my PT out of the wheel and send back for service? Or could it be a cap issue or something?

Anybody have similar experiences?
Quote Reply
Re: Official PowerTap Thread [rsmoylan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rsmoylan- the offset will fluctuate with use and changing environmental conditions. There is no cause for concern when your offset changes in single or double digit increments. Thank you for your question.

PowerTap Product Manager
Quote Reply

Prev Next