Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Coy17a] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice. Extensions look good. Still nice and aero but probably a lot more comfy as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [TNTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On my Trinity, it has that knob with holes in it, I've just been putting the long end of a 4mm Allen into it and rotating the knob left or right to adjust saddle position.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [JVanderveen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JVanderveen wrote:
On my Trinity, it has that knob with holes in it, I've just been putting the long end of a 4mm Allen into it and rotating the knob left or right to adjust saddle position.

Same. It would be tricky to get a wrench in there. The saddle does not need crazy torque to stay locked in.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [JVanderveen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok ill look mine over. Must have overlooked it. Based off a quick glance it seemed the nut underneath the seat was how you adjusted it. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [TNTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is. But it has holes on the sides, so you can just slot an allen key in there and turn it.

staernathan.com - @mikaelstaer
Skechers - VeloFix - B78
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [JVanderveen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any recommendations on what bike bag to use to transport a trinity? Ill be flying for the first time with mine
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [TNTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some on here are using a regular road travel bag, but I highly recommend the Scicon tri bags as they allow you to leave the front end as is during travel. The Trinity front end is not fun to take apart so I prefer this. Their 3.0 lineup is definitely pricey, but in Canada the 2.0 tri bag is on sale right now for a price that is less than many regular bags out there.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [JVanderveen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What wheel set and tire are you using on your GTA?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm running either a pair of Zipp 404's or a 404/super-9 combo depending on conditions. All with 25mm GP4000II tyres. There are probably faster tyres out there but I find them really durable and UK roads aren't the best.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [JVanderveen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this thread doesnt have nearly enough photos.

not mine:



Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [JVanderveen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will the 2016 trinity advanced pro 2 accommodate a wheel larger than 25mm? Looking at the new releases from Zipp, it appears they are looking to move to 28mm.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LifeTri wrote:
Will the 2016 trinity advanced pro 2 accommodate a wheel larger than 25mm? Looking at the new releases from Zipp, it appears they are looking to move to 28mm.

I would guess: yes.
The front fork is crazy wide and the rear stays have quite a bit of clearance as well. The only issue may be the brakes not opening far enough, but you can find slim brakes to allow extra room.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [dfroelich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I will confirm with the local shop.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [JVanderveen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thought this would be a good place for my first post. I just started doing Tri's this year and after 4 sprints on a entry level road bike I thought it was time for an entry level tri bike. I've done one sprint on it and plan on one more before the end of the year. So far I love it! I plan on upgrading the wheels sometime next year.


Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [AggieTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your bike looks great. It's definitely a good place to start. Still has a solid 105 11s drivetrain and a good looking frame and paint job. For an entry level bike this is a great option, especially considering the pricepoint. I think the whole non-integrated headset will actually be good for you as it's a very user friendly bike. Have fun!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [JVanderveen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking for some advice on dropping the aerobar height. Are we supposed to move the spacers we are removing from the top, so that we can lower the cockpit, down below the handlebars to accommodate the longer bolt? I can post pictures of what I mean if this isn't clear.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LifeTri wrote:
Looking for some advice on dropping the aerobar height. Are we supposed to move the spacers we are removing from the top, so that we can lower the cockpit, down below the handlebars to accommodate the longer bolt? I can post pictures of what I mean if this isn't clear.

Thanks!

The bike came with a bag of hardware, including smaller bolts. You simply remove spacers and reinstall with the right length bolt.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [dfroelich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dfroelich wrote:
LifeTri wrote:
Looking for some advice on dropping the aerobar height. Are we supposed to move the spacers we are removing from the top, so that we can lower the cockpit, down below the handlebars to accommodate the longer bolt? I can post pictures of what I mean if this isn't clear.

Thanks!


The bike came with a bag of hardware, including smaller bolts. You simply remove spacers and reinstall with the right length bolt.

Fantastic....when they gave me the bike...they never gave me the extra parts.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LifeTri wrote:
dfroelich wrote:
LifeTri wrote:
Looking for some advice on dropping the aerobar height. Are we supposed to move the spacers we are removing from the top, so that we can lower the cockpit, down below the handlebars to accommodate the longer bolt? I can post pictures of what I mean if this isn't clear.

Thanks!


The bike came with a bag of hardware, including smaller bolts. You simply remove spacers and reinstall with the right length bolt.

Fantastic....when they gave me the bike...they never gave me the extra parts.

Bummer, well, just go to the hardware store. I'm sure they're not crazy and reverse thread or some nonsense.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LifeTri wrote:
dfroelich wrote:
LifeTri wrote:
Looking for some advice on dropping the aerobar height. Are we supposed to move the spacers we are removing from the top, so that we can lower the cockpit, down below the handlebars to accommodate the longer bolt? I can post pictures of what I mean if this isn't clear.

Thanks!


The bike came with a bag of hardware, including smaller bolts. You simply remove spacers and reinstall with the right length bolt.


Fantastic....when they gave me the bike...they never gave me the extra parts.

this seems to be a common and recurring theme with local bike shops lately.... keep the OEM parts so that you HAVE to go back to the shop for adjustments.

Eric Reid
AeroFit
Chapel Hill, NC
Aerodynamic Optimized Bike Fitting, Retul Pre-Purchase Bike Fitting, Triathlon Coaching, Nutrition
Ask me: Scody Optimized Speed Suits | CeramicSpeed Oversized Pulley Systems | HUUB Skinsuits and Wetsuits | Ventum Bicycles and Frames
Quote Reply

Prev Next