Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Coy17a] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice. Extensions look good. Still nice and aero but probably a lot more comfy as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [TNTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On my Trinity, it has that knob with holes in it, I've just been putting the long end of a 4mm Allen into it and rotating the knob left or right to adjust saddle position.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [JVanderveen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JVanderveen wrote:
On my Trinity, it has that knob with holes in it, I've just been putting the long end of a 4mm Allen into it and rotating the knob left or right to adjust saddle position.

Same. It would be tricky to get a wrench in there. The saddle does not need crazy torque to stay locked in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok ill look mine over. Must have overlooked it. Based off a quick glance it seemed the nut underneath the seat was how you adjusted it. Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is. But it has holes on the sides, so you can just slot an allen key in there and turn it.

staernathan.com - @mikaelstaer
Skechers - VeloFix - B78
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any recommendations on what bike bag to use to transport a trinity? Ill be flying for the first time with mine
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some on here are using a regular road travel bag, but I highly recommend the Scicon tri bags as they allow you to leave the front end as is during travel. The Trinity front end is not fun to take apart so I prefer this. Their 3.0 lineup is definitely pricey, but in Canada the 2.0 tri bag is on sale right now for a price that is less than many regular bags out there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What wheel set and tire are you using on your GTA?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm running either a pair of Zipp 404's or a 404/super-9 combo depending on conditions. All with 25mm GP4000II tyres. There are probably faster tyres out there but I find them really durable and UK roads aren't the best.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
this thread doesnt have nearly enough photos.

not mine:

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will the 2016 trinity advanced pro 2 accommodate a wheel larger than 25mm? Looking at the new releases from Zipp, it appears they are looking to move to 28mm.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LifeTri wrote:
Will the 2016 trinity advanced pro 2 accommodate a wheel larger than 25mm? Looking at the new releases from Zipp, it appears they are looking to move to 28mm.

I would guess: yes.
The front fork is crazy wide and the rear stays have quite a bit of clearance as well. The only issue may be the brakes not opening far enough, but you can find slim brakes to allow extra room.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [dfroelich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I will confirm with the local shop.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thought this would be a good place for my first post. I just started doing Tri's this year and after 4 sprints on a entry level road bike I thought it was time for an entry level tri bike. I've done one sprint on it and plan on one more before the end of the year. So far I love it! I plan on upgrading the wheels sometime next year.

Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [AggieTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your bike looks great. It's definitely a good place to start. Still has a solid 105 11s drivetrain and a good looking frame and paint job. For an entry level bike this is a great option, especially considering the pricepoint. I think the whole non-integrated headset will actually be good for you as it's a very user friendly bike. Have fun!
Quote Reply

Prev Next